Tuesday 26 January 2021

From StuartL - Mechs and (Battle)Techs - (25 points)

Hello again. As I am currently doing my best to fulfill the commands of the Snow Lord to acquire a most wondrous gift from the Altar, I have to get my workbench emptied. So, without further ado, I present some Mechs for the game Battletech.


In the game of Battletech players take control of a small squad of giant mechanical war machines, each with its own unique load of weapons and armour. Games are generally played on a hex-grid board, but you can play on a normal table too if you want.


There has recently been a kickstarter for the game that introduced a load of new plastic figures, but these are all older metal models. They aren't the most dynamic minis in the world, but they have quite a lot of detail to them.


The game contains a number of factions and there are different 'eras' in the game that limit which mechs and weapons are available. These models are painted in the colours of the Lyran Guard, though the blue came out far brighter in the pictures than it does in real life.


Battletech is somewhere between 6mm-8mm scale, but as you can see here, even the smallest of the mechs is the same height as a GW 28mm scale mini and the largest towers over it. There were some mechs posted earlier in this challenge that were pointed as 28mm minis, so I'll go with that. If I'm wrong, I am sure any passing minions will let me know.

For anyone interested in trying Battletech, I recommend the 2018 PC game as a good entry for the universe. It's a fun game, has a load of community support and let's you try out most of the classic mechs in the game.

So, 5 mechs at 5 points a pop adds 25 points to my total. It also adds up to an extra Squirrel point for my tally.

My running Duels totals:
GW Points - 591
Skullz - 352
Squirrels - 10


Those mechs look pretty sweet. Blue can be a right 'mare to photograph - I found switching my camera's settings to "Night" cured the issues I'd been having.

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. Good work on all those panels, and the red glass is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The panels took way longer to do than I expected, but they turned out okay I think.

      Delete
  2. The paneling and red glass is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking mechs, love the blue and white livery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. They are not quite so bright in real life, but they will certainly stand out on my green and grey terrain.

      Delete
  4. Battletech was a big favourite back in the day, great to see some of the old metal figures coming to life 👍
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great brushwork and a very nice colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like seeing painted mechs for Battletech scale. Was probably my first real wargame I played consistently.
    These look great and the colours are excellent. I especially like the contrasting dark glass colour. Cheers

    ReplyDelete