Tuesday 26 January 2021

JeremyM, Imperial Guard Weapons Teams, Sentinels (200 points)

 Hi All,

Been busy these past few weeks with life, but I've still managed to plug away at a few things. That being said work has been a bit insane so I picked something more tried and true rather than anything that involved brain cells like selecting colours. So I've added to my Imperial Guard collection from a previous post.

I painted 4 sentinels, and two weapons teams groups. They are all painted with my blue-grey and khaki colour scheme, in the fluff they are called the Vresh Grenadiers. 


The Sentinels are 3d prints as are their bases. I also printed a variety of weapons for them and magnetized everything. We tend to play Grim Dark Future by One Page Rules https://onepagerules.com/  rather than 40k in my goup. Its a far simpler system and is just as much fun (we think more fun!) and has just as much theme and its free! The sentinels in that game have a wide weapons loadout range so magnets allow some experimentation. Each of the 4 has a lascannon, an autocannon, a plasma cannon, a laser machinegun, and a little missile. I'm looking for a couple more options to print to add to this but am weighing my options. The sentinels were primarily airbrushed as I tried something approaching an urban camo scheme with my blue-grey colours. I'm happy with it and curious to see it on something a bit bigger.


I next added a group of three lascannon weapons teams to my army. They are also 3d printed as are the bricks on their base (which was likely more of a pain to do in resin than just scratch building them myself but hey experimentation with my new 3d printer toy is worth it).



And here is a group of 3 mortar weapons teams, again 3d printed with more 3d printed bricks. I saw online on reddit a fellow who had crafted a just fired mortar for his imperial guard and replicated what he did with some cotton ball carefully glued to a brass rod. I really liked how it turned out, something I'll consider for future models. I left it loose so its easier to store. Doesn't take long in this hobby to realize the pain that is storage, and that for 'miniatures' our collections sure take up a lot of space.

So there you have it, some models with a bit more punch to add to my flashlight wielding stock troops. Curt suggested to me those former guys are really just a 'blade of armour' so perhaps this is what they are protecting. That's 6 artillery pieces with crew and 4 'mounted' 28mm miniatures which by my math is 100 points on the nose. Now I better get cracking on my next project as I really need to be making some progress through these chambers.
------
The Cap'n spies 12 x 28mm figures, 6 crewed weapons and 4 vehicles, plus a bunch of magnetised weapons as well. That be 200 points - glad you aint measuring out my grog ration Jeremy!


12 comments:

  1. Very impressive prints, but there's a heretical shortage of skullz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I always felt they fit better with chaos stuff (which I also have a lot of plans to add) but your right they seem to be pervasive with all the armies pretty much.

      Delete
  2. Nice set of recon and support units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the heavy weapon vignettes, especially the mortar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Guard support!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine work Jeremy! The Vresh Grenadiers (did I get that right?) look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, but I'm hardly an expert on GW fluff. I really only started in the 40k universe when kill team came out a couple of years ago. And as noted we abandoned their ruleset at least pretty quick once we found a simpler and I would argue better option!

      Delete
  6. Great work Jeremy. I’ll look forward to getting shot up by this lot. Great to see you getting to use the 3D printer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super looking Sentinels, love the extra weapon options, some great Guard Heavy Weapons as well.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your prints came out fantastic. Love the painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I am new to Grim Dark Future rules but really have been inspired to look at my 15year+ old 40k collection. It's actually inspired me to purchase more (especially 2nd hand bargains via face book). It's lead to a painting boom on my hobby table.
    I really like what you have done here..weapon swap outs ....AWESOME!! Really good stuff. Cheers

    ReplyDelete