Thursday 28 January 2021

AndrewB- The Oubliette

 Despite having no idea how to pronounce ‘Oubliette’, I’ve found a group of primed and based(this is what used to pass for basing in my eyes) figures from well over a decade ago, and brought them out to play.  Having just painted a troll that fits well with LoTR figures, these old GW orcs seemed like a logical next step in the painting process.  Again, please excuse the basing, but I wanted to leave them how I found them to remind me that just because a figure has been half painted for a long time, some good things can still come from them.  The bases being this simple will remind me. 




They’re not painted in a purely GW style, but I mainly intend to use them with Fistful of Lead from Wiley Games, and the new fantasy adaptation due to be released very soon.   These 14 figures, especially with the Troll in tow, will be more than enough for two or possibly three players to use in a game.  The system lends itself well to one on one or larger multiplayer games, can function well in nearly any period, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.  

These 14 delightful lads should garner 70pts by my calculations, and have certainly inspired me to dig out the 6mm figures I have on bases for use as LoTR armies using Lords and Lands, which you very well may see soon!

Happy Painting!

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out those rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking collection of Orcs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking mob of orcs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Mordor Orcs are some of my favourite plastic figures from that range- nicely done.

    ReplyDelete