Thursday 28 January 2021

DaveS - Good Moaning - French Partisans - 50pts

 Following on from my adventures in Greyscale painting, I was really struck by the character of the Partisan models from Warlord Games.  Mixing that with the serendipity of my FLGS having a ridiculously good deal on the newly released French Partisans from Warlord, and I decided that I would start my first ever Bolt Action army - French Resistance.  I've got WWII armies for Konflikt '47 and Chain of Command, but this will be my first adventure using the basic Bolt Action rules.

I contemplated doing these in greyscale but decided that I would rather just paint them in a more normal style.  To that end, I present the first models.


My Officer Commanding.  One of the particularly characterful models that make up the range, and part of why I went with the force.



Another particularly characterful model, with the missing arm.  I see him as a veteran of some conflict.  He came as a spotter for the anti-tank rifle team, but will probably do service as a liaison officer/spotter.



And the first 8 troops.  The idea is to combine all of my SMG's into one mobile veteran squad, leaping out of a truck to rain death on something.  I have no idea if this is a viable tactic, having never played Bolt Action, but it seems in character to me.


So that is my first 10 models for the force, making 50 points for the challenge.  I've just undercoated the next squad, so expect to see more of these soon.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely, characterful figures, nicely painted! Disappointed there is no one in a trench coat but perhaps with the next squad?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is, indeed, a trenchcoat clad figure coming. Watch this space.

      Delete
  2. Great looking troops.

    The SMG/Truck tactic works well if you get lucky with the order dice draw and is more than capable of deleting an enemy squad. It can be risky if the opponent can draw a bead on the truck before the passengers dismount though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking partisans. No reason why these wouldn’t work with your other rule choices if you end up not liking BA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work - love the idea of partisans for games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent stuff - cant wait to see more. Hopefully I will be posting some stuff for Bolt Action rules but set in the mid 1930's using a AVBCW genre/theme. Thumbs Up Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking Partizans! great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on these partizans Dave. I like that Warlord has a Simone Segouin styled figure. Very iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking group - does one of them have a sausage in which is hidden a picture of the fallen madonna ....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall say zis only once... the're great 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete