Thursday 7 January 2021

From ByronM - A visit to the Larder - Noodle stand for Infinity (25 points)

For today's post I have another Chamber of Challenges submission.  This time a visit to the larder and therefore I had to come up with something food related.  I was stuck on this for a while, I had one idea but wanted to use it for a future room so was going to 3dprint something, and then came across this great model in my pile-o-shame.

This is an MDF / Resin model that I picked up years ago in a kickstarter deal from Antenositi's Workshop.  It is a great blend of MDF, plastic, and resin parts and came as a set of 4 or 6 different versions of vendor stands.  For this entry I am using the noodle stand.  These are great little terrain pieces that add a lot of character to a table, as well as a lot of scatter terrain, which is desperately needed when playing Infinity.

It was quick to assemble and the MDF came pre-painted so it was essentially glue it together and done.  The only part that needed to be painted was the food on each side (which came as a resin cast part).

I painted everything up to try and represent pieces of meat, noodles, cabbage/lettuce, and sauces.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out, and the wife called it "Cute" so maybe that's a win?

As for points, I just had to paint the food portion (same on both sides) which is fairly small, so I am going to suggest counting it as if I painted 1 28mm figure instead of trying to figure out terrain sizes and claim 5 points for this along side the 20 points for completing the challenge room.

19 comments:

  1. Great work Byron! When it comes to Infinity, you have some pretty amazing terrain for your table, between things like this and your own designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Greg. Yeah, I have just a little bit of terrain, don't I? :-) I will have to get the others done at some time, there is a hot dog stand, gun stand, sword stand, and I am sure something else.

      Delete
  2. Nice one! I am also stuck on the larder...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Byron. I have shrimp in a Szechuan sauce please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. I love these weird vignettes that can dress up the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these things, AW do some lovely stuff. Smashing paint job, almost good enough to snack on mid game......!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only snack on them if you have dental coverage please... I am not paying for your dental work.

      Delete
  6. Great to see a unit of vegetables featuring! Actually, a fair number of my units would qualify...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking noodle bar! Very Blade runner like, you just need some rain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There are actually some more blade runner looking ones out there that I have seen, this to me looks a little to old fashion, but I do get the reference.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done Byron, now I want noodles for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you, and now so do I after you mentioning it! There are no good places around here for them though.... sigh....

      Delete
  9. I love the little bowls of food on the counter.
    Here in Japan a bowl of noodles is the food of choice after a night out drinking. A few beverages at the local and then a quick stop at somewhere not too dissimilar to this entry on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute sums it up rather nicely. Good thinking and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice work, great for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, this is ace piece, never seen it before. Great touch to a table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More food trucks/street food stalls please .... 🥙🍝🥟❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats super Byron, the little details like the plates make it 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete