Monday 11 January 2021

From MartinC The Pride of the Ottoman Army and a Trench (213pts)

 Evening all, hope you are all well. I been cracking on with my Turks, I need to as I keep buying some more of them.


A 10 man infantry section

Another one

Couple of Machine guns

Command stand with an Iman blessing the standard, nice figures

Finally another 9 man infantry section. THe officer is a cavalry officer (he has spurs). i know what you are thinking - I miscounted. Well you would be wrong. i squeezed out too much paint and had to apint extras. So there.

Finally a length of trench. The reason I'm doing a Caucasian campaign is the lack of trenches, the things that make WW1 rubbish to play. However you must have some so I built this test piece using foam and sand the lollipop supports

Overall I'm pleased with the outcome and some make a few more sections, although not to many.

Scores on the doors
39 x 28mm infantry  = 190
2 crew served weapons = 20
1 standard = 1
1x 12cubic inch trench = 2pts (rounding up)


21 comments:

  1. More great figures for this project. The trench looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great Martin. Love the trench work too, wouldn’t be WW1 without some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More wonderful Turks - great work Martin! I also really like your bespoke trenchline. In this era, once men stopped moving they started digging...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Turks Martin. Love the trench too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Turks and the trench works really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the ottomans. I think you'll also get a lot of tabletop use out of the trench sections - hope to see more of those

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of figures, Martin. The collection swells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, yes it does, couple more posts planned and then we will see

      Delete
  8. Very nice, I like all the moustaches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one Martin, love the command base, but the trench is great, always admire a spot of scratch built terrain.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crikey Martin, that’s a little points Grenada flung by a Turk. Nice painting but I’d likes some brighter photos to see the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff! One suggestion if I may. Try photographing the figures on a darker background.

    ReplyDelete