Monday 11 January 2021

From StuartL - The Start of a Teutonic Saga - 45 Points

 Hello again. Having cleared Level 2 of the Chambers of Challenge in my last post, I venture down to the darkness of Level 3. The air seems to grow colder as I get closer to the Alter of the Snowlord, so I need some allies who are familiar with battling in freezing conditions.

The Knights' Solar is the first chamber on level 3, so I have painted up some Teutonic Knights from Fireforge Games. These dauntless fellows will eventually get used for games of Saga, once I get round to painting the rest of the force and some opponents for them. Perhaps in next year's challenge. 


This figure will be my Warlord for Saga, hence the slightly larger base. Historically speaking, I don't think the wings on the helmet are at all accurate, but then again, Saga is only barely an historical game. On top of that, my local gaming group knows next to nothing about real history and will expect to see these odd shaped helmets if I put on a game.


Four brothers of the Teutonic Order will be making up part of the hearthguard for my Saga force. In Saga, hearthguard are the elite troops in a warband, capable of dishing out a load of damage in combat.


And a shot of them all together. The white cloth is actually a very pale grey, only the shields have plain white on them. The black crosses on the shields were drawn on with a marker pen. (The crosses on the robes were painted on though).

5x 28mm figures earns me 25 points, plus the 20 for the chamber, adding another 45 to my total. These also represent another Squirrel for that side duel.

My running Duels totals:
GW Points - 287
Skullz - 143
Squirrels - 7


15 comments:

  1. These figures look great. I really like the Fireforge plastics and think you've done a magnificent job with them - love the winter basing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. As plastics go, they are great for skirmish style games like Saga, though some odd posing choices makes them tricky to rank up for mass battle games.

      Delete
  2. Nice basing of excellent figures, Stuart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on these northern crusaders. I like the motion in these poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. They are quite dynamic, aren't they.

      Delete
  4. Well done Stuart - I always enjoy seeing the start of another Warband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, which probably explains why I have too many warbands.

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking Teutonic warband! Nice basing too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely knights! I love the snow effect and the weathering on clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wanted to give the clothes a bit of a 'lived-in' appearance. It's probably hard to do laundry on campaign.

      Delete
  7. Big fan of Fireforge having done buckets full of them recently, great job, cracking on through the Chambers now 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete