Wednesday 10 February 2021

From BruceR 28mm Hessian AWI Perry Miniatures (8x5=40 pts)



Our group has grow from FIW into AWI so why not.  I posted earlier 12 Queens Rangers for the British side which brought my Sharp Practice 2 up to 3 groups of eight.  In some research I've found figures such as 30,000 Hessian troops were brought to America in the AWI.  So the groups order from Perry's I went for a Hessian force.
Here is the start of the Hessians.  A group of 8 musketeers.  When finished I will have 3 groups of 8 musketeers and a group of jaegers to add to my Queens Rangers (I might have a unit of Queens Mounted Dragoons).  Should make for a fun force.  The different paint scheme will be fun.


Above is my base coat.  Black first and a 45 degree brown to start.  

WIP still on the bench
Finished first group.  




The blue comes out a little lighter, but on the table the dark  blue is too dark in my mind.  So lighter it is for table play.

8 28mm x 5 = 40

Hope you enjoy.

Stay safe and those of us in the North, stay warm as you paint.  

 BruceR

 --------

Nice one Bruce! 40 well earned points and a tot of rum for you

Cap'n Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. I do love those Perry hessians, having seen your lovely painting here I need to get some more for my SYW army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Hessians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific looking mercenaries Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the first time FIW has morphed into the bigger AWI, great start to the period 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice Bruce. I’m going down a similar path, and those Perry Hessians appeal

    ReplyDelete