Wednesday 10 February 2021

From PeteF: Minifigs Camp Follower for a Sorceress Flight (25 points)



This is the second of four camp followers in Minifigs Napoleonic Set 10. I did the cantiniere for The Pantry and hope to find time to finish the set before the end of the challenge. 

My Dad painted the set back in the 1980s - I think with oils. I can remember him enjoying adding to his army and speculating which of his troops was supporting the camp follower with her babe in arms. There are many candidates. His was presumably an Anglo Allied camp follower - this one is with the Emperor's Army of the North. 

I picked up two Set 10s in a large haul of Minifigs last year. It's fun to paint some of the more peripheral figures in the process of building up the army. I'm using this to take a broomstick ride to The Lair of Spiders/Lair of The Great Beast - there are still rooms on level 2 I want to explore - but time to make it to the Altar is running short. Perhaps I'll find a way to pick up the unexplored rooms on my way back to the surface,

My Dad's Camp Followers c1985

One 25mm figure and a flight bonus for 25 points.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely looking camp follower!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely camp follower, and great to see your dads figures still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent set of figures, Pete! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Pete! The personal connection to this figure is also a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!
    I’m going to ask the Snowlord to add another 5 bonus points to your tally because I’m moved by the connection with your Dads figures and I have a keen interest in the lives of the women camp followers ❤️🧞‍♀️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a lovely figure, one I haven't seen for years, nice job 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great figure, I love the background story. And Minifigs are always a treat, I also love how your painting style matches the style of the figure. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete