Wednesday 10 February 2021

From TeemuL: The Eagles are coming, Hatchery (30 points)

Shellington goes to the stairs and down. "I'm not sure, I believe I should go upstairs, but this is the only way forward", he mutters aloud. There is a window on the second cellar floor, but it doesn't disturb him too much, he is now focused on the great bird outside. "I really should refresh my biology knowledge, I didn't realize those eagles are that big", he says. That little folk was most likely feeding, or fighting, this big bird of prey, since S.N. Owl-Ord sees a most-likely hot pot flying through the air, clearly missing the big, circling bird. "Oh, well, I must continue", he realizes and takes the door to his right.

Giant Eagle from the Games Workshop, Lord of the Rings range. I already have two of these (and the metal Gwaihir) and now I have three. Enough for a small, but elite, army.


Lots of nice texture here, so very quick and easy to paint with Contrasts, I didn't use the regular paints on this one at all.


I made some research on real life eagles, their colors basically, but took a bit of freedom, since they are giant eagles from the fantasy land. He looks quite interesting, even with limited amount of colors.



The eagle is 28mm miniature, so 5 points would be enough, since it is not cavalry. However, it is much larger than any cavalry unit in LotR range, so I boldly ask for 10 points.

And then 20 points for the Hatchery, total of 30 points.

0 skulls, 10 to the GW side Challenge, please.

------

Thats a pretty seagull! I'm guessing that like the Albatross, theres rules for not eating 'em! 30 points it be

Cap'n Wednesday

24 comments:

  1. I think the colours are very convincing, Teemu. Eggcellent work in the Hatchery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel, the very beautiful details made it joy to paint.

      Delete
  2. Excellent eagle Teemu, lovely subtle work on the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, three different colors look nice and natural.

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking eagle!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bird, first rate feathers -- great job Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feathering looks excellent- very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm very close to wim the best feathers of the Challenge award.

      Delete
  6. Thats definitely the best paint job I've seen on this model, top marks 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken, I'll try to take a group shot of my eagles for the next post.

      Delete
  7. Oh, that's a fabulous looking Great Eagle, Teemu! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, although I have to admit that the eagle almost paints itself. Great details.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. Are there any giant eagles in the Donnybrook?

      Delete
  9. Great stuff. Looks really good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great, I'd love to get my hands on a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, GW should have these available, although their production can't really match the demand on all products.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous work Teemu. One of the most convincing eagles I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, I should buy and paint some more. :)

      Delete
  12. Which colors did you use for the feathers, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goregrunta Fur, Fyreslayer Flesh and Black Templar, all GW Contrast paints.

      Delete