Wednesday 10 February 2021

From DrQ: Orks in the Hall of Heroes (55 points)

A group of Orks might not seem the most heroic of figures for the Hall of Heroes, but here me out: These last seven boyz (technically six boyz and a nob) represent the completion of my first thirty-model unit! As such I think that's a bit of heroics for me if not for them.


I know the hotness right now is a nob with double kill saws, but I don't have any of those bits lying around. So, he'll have to go with just a basic slugga and choppa for now.



Not much to say about these ladz; you've seen this paint scheme several times before. But, one interesting model is this boy:

At one point I had done a head swap conversation of him and added a backpack, hoping to use him as a character in D&D. That never came about, so I snipped off the conversion and add a shoota so he could go back with the other ladz. Since I couldn't find a good way to remove the backpack, he's just a unique sculpt now that probably won't even stand out when seen in the larger Green Tide.


With this first unit complete, I wanted to get a picture of all 30—I just couldn't fit them all in my current lighting rig. The next 30 will have a slightly different look to distinguish the units in the WAAAGH.

As far as points: we've got seven models for a total of 35 and another 20 for the area bonus, for a total of 55. 
--------
Nice additions to your green tide Doc - more choppas and shootas is always good! The Hero claim is rather tenuous methinks, but no more than what some others have claimed so to be consistent I'll permit it

Cap'n W



9 comments:

  1. Waaaaagh! Lovely bunch of Orks, the red on the Nob is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking mob of Orks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orks Orks Orks Orks!!!! Dakka Dakka for all!
    Love them mate! Always great to see Orks painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of green paint getting used during this Challenge 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete