Thursday 25 February 2021

From DaveD - A diversion to ‘Nam - 5 points

 Ok - I didn’t see this coming ... and you can firmly blame Martin C of this parish , a zoom chat and a libation or 3 . A few weeks ago we decided to do a large Vietnam skirmish game. . Of course Martin has already been there bought them , painted them  - but hey - I will muller him with firepower in the end ! 

I have opted for Gringos40 sculpts . They are very nice indeed. So I have a stash laid in that will be the focus of the next few weeks . 

So after a little bit of testing and working out my paint recipe here is the USMC  Lt. 

Given I am used to knocking out large 36-48 figure units regularly it’s going to be fun concentrating on a small number of figures. 





  

The proper firepower will be along in due course... who doesn’t love a loaded Skyraider- well apart from Martin..

 

So one 28mm figure - 5 points 




15 comments:

  1. Great, but I'm going to be the USMC, you can be the NVA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes.. but .. have seen how good they are at ranging in..

      Delete
  2. If MartinC gave you liquor and then jumped off a cliff would you do it too?
    Great looking grunts and looking forward to the air support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha.. of course I would , if he buys me enough alcohol !

      Delete
  3. I love this: Hobby Escalation. Great mini Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting - just used to painting historical figures so amazing to see the wristwatch painted so nicely! Massive Thumbs up! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking model Dave, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Dave! The mud on his trousers looks absolutely spot on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking USMC Lt he looks ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great figure, lovely colour scheme. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool Dave! I didn't expect this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a nice figure and a fine paint job. Are you going to do this as a major project or just a side show?

    ReplyDelete