Thursday 18 February 2021

From DaveS - The Truth is Out There - 64pts

I'm not saying it was aliens.....but it was aliens.

Or, to put it another way, I recently started browsing the "Other Wargames" area of my FLGS website, and realised that they had a good stock of Wild West Exodus.  This is a game that I had looked at before, bought a starter set for, played one test game, and promptly moved on.  Browsing through the site, I kept coming across the "Watchers" models, and having found them pleasing, decided that I would try painting some and see what happened........

Well, apparently what happened is that I got rather hooked.  The models themselves are a mix of Resin (beautiful), and plastic (needing a fair amount of clean up).  They are a notional 35mm to eyes, making the average human model about 40mm tall.  But then most of these are giant aliens, so...

Starting with one of the "Bosses", the Viridian Prime.  This led to me having to do some hunting around as to what colour Viridian actually was.  The best answer I could come up with was "Bluey Green", and so I went with that.  These are certainly brighter than the official paint job, but I like it.




Next, we have the "Betas".  Less powerful than the Prime, they come in Chigoe (Fly in and murder stuff) and Locust (Stand back and shoot stuff) versions.





Next, we have the Vermillion Sentinels.  So, out came the red paint....



Last of this batch, we have 2 Grey Elites.  These have been made up as "Storm" elites, with jump packs.




Overall, based on their size, I would suggest that these should score

Greys (As 40mm) 2x7pts
Vermillions (As 54mm due to size) 2x10pts
Viridians (As 54mm due to size) 3x10pts

Which would make the lot worth 64pts....

9 comments:

  1. I confess the setting is not my first choice, but the brushwork here is excellent - particularly on the main bad guy (I assume these are bad guys...) well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Interestingly these are the "good guys" trying to save humanity from malign monstrous influence....

      Delete
  2. Great looking bunch of aliens!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch of aliens, the different colour schemes give them a visual hierarchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice use of a limited palette and the basing is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Useful for many sci-fi games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my kind of game but these miniatures really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve no idea what these are, other than I’d rather not meet up with them and they’re really nicely painted

    ReplyDelete