Thursday 18 February 2021

From Mike W, 28mm Knight [Knights Solar] (30 Cheeky Points)

Having not focused on eth Dungeon Challenge for a while I took the opportunity to post a cheeky model knight to claim the bonus.



Old Warhammer Mk1 plastic Knight


The model is an old Mark One, Warhammer Bretonnian plastic Knight, I have a few of these unpainted guys in a bag in the drawer so I decided to grab one and paint him. 

All have had their fancy helms trimmed of antlers, orbs and other items - so hence this guy appears with a simple helmet with cloth decorations.

Quartered Yellow & Green livery,
with red lining and saddlery

I chose to give the knight a yellow and green livery, which some may remember is the same I gave to Empire figures in the last challenge. Again its for the same reason - local non-league football team colours and I just like the combination!

A final rear view of the knight

Not much else to say except that it has the usual white undercoat and after the model was matt varnished I put tufts and electrostatic grass on a base that was pre-covered with fine sand.

POINTS

1 x 28mm Mounted Figure    = 10 Points

Knights Solar Bonus              = 20 Points

TOTAL                                   = 30 Points

9 comments:

  1. Oh - I miss those old classic Brettonian models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think they were the best Bretonnians GW did! Love the two plastic archer figures as well - I have dozens of them in my War of the Roses collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking classic GW knight!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour choices on this Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on this classic mini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see some classic plastic (is that even a thing?) getting some love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking knight, love the livery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheeky works, great figure Mike.

    ReplyDelete