Tuesday 8 February 2022

From MartinC: Sporting Weekend (520pts)

 One of my great joys is watching sport while painting toy soldiers. This weekend has been a very busy sporting weekend with FA Cup 4th round, 6 Nations rugby and the Winter Olympics, so I've done a lot of painting.

I could go on to our North American cousins about actual competitive sport and playing sports that other countries actually play but they would counter with actually having snow.

1st up the last of the last 40 of the Warhammer 2nd edition lizardmen


All my lizardmen have been loosely based on actual lizard species. These are Asian Monitors, basically black with a beige dry brush and detail. Again simple casts bu these are quite cool and menacing

Next up some French WW2 cavalry. I have a ridiculously large Bolt Action French Army,  a company of infantry, 8 support weapons and 10 vehicles and tanks

These are OK

Make that 11 vehicles

Char 1 Bis tank. Warlord plastic kit

Next up a Fargo M6 with 37mm 

Again by Warlord and pretty much completes my WW2 US armoured infantry platoon


Next we have the Australian Light Horse, of Beersheba fame. These have been sitting in the lead mountain for a couple of years and are by Blaze Away from Lancashire Games

They are OK figs, lacking dynamism but the only available figs

They will join the Back of Beyond campaign

Of course they fought as infantry normally

Finally I need to hitch a list to Noels Comet. This is a German civil war figure, available as a freebie from a show. Can't remember which show or who she is. 

Scores on the doors

54 x 28mm infantry = 270
19 x 28mm cavalry = 190
2 x 28mm vehicles = 20
Sarah's yacht = 20
Total = 500pts

1 more post to go and then a complete change as I've run out of prepped figs and it's been stormy all weekend. Also I think I've got Covid

Martin

 

Kaboom! Another points bomb from you. However, you've only claimed for one 28mm vehicle, rather than two - this is actually 520 points of Kaboom!

Tamsin

27 comments:

  1. Boom indeed Martin. Great work clearing the decks with this lot Martin, looking forward to seeing what you prime next.

    Best of luck on COVID

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, massive change in period and scale next. Watch this space

      Delete
  2. Yikes that's a load of figures, always like French armour, I don't know why,the M6 and the Australian light horse are great,as are the lizards with big choppers, I've found you sleep rather more with covid, so have some well earned rest!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I'm still testing negative but have basically slept 14 hour per day for last 3 days

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. do love lizardmen. We should start an uprising

      Delete
  4. Bombs away! I like that big solid saurus unit, but the Fargo is temptive, too. Hope you get better (or at least not worse)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the Fargo is cool isn't it. Just very tired at the moment

      Delete
  5. Lovely work! Nice seeing the old plastic Saurus! They were some of the first Warhammer minis I painted when I got the 5th edition starter to kick the hobby off for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always wanted a lizardman army, used to have regiment of renown box of them as a teenager. Must be worth a fortune now, it I hadn't lost them

      Delete
  6. It would seem a busy sporting weekend did wonders for your ‘to do’ pile! They are all so well done. I hope you are feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Martin - I too get quite a lot of painting done while watching sports. The NFL is nearly at an end, but hopefully the ongoing perpetual clown show that is the NHL will keep me going through the end of the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't really like NFL and NHL you can't see the puck on the TV. For all I know they could be miming a game

      Delete
    2. So true. Now, mimes on ice would be entertaining. Perhaps with spears as well...

      Delete
    3. Would be tough pushing against the wind. Think spears would make ice hockey less dangerous

      Delete
  8. Hi Martin:

    Crazy productivity, I admire all your work but especially like the lizards, very menacing as you say.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant entry. I love your realistic take on the lizardmen. I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, don't really feel ill but keep having to have a 3 hour nap!

      Delete
  10. What a points drop! Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a huge amount of painting Martin. I like the Australian Lighthorse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, they will get some time in the back of beyond

      Delete
  12. A great collection, Martin! Love the French armour, but then I am particular to the French. Whenever I have sports on while I paint I never seem to get who’s winning. Well, then you can watch it all again, twice the fun for your money.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers, I like the french army too. On the battle field they are good

    ReplyDelete