Tuesday 8 February 2022

Tamsin's Tacky Tuesday

 


"Good morning Ladies, Gentlemen...and Ray! It seems that last Tuesday I may have been slightly premature when I suggested that our guest explorers had avoided the customary dip we experience at this point. In the past week, there has been a drop of about 900 parsecs traveled compared to previous weeks. It has been suggested that some explorers may have succumbed to temptation in the fleshpots of Perelandra; a Security Team has been dispatched to check if this is the case. I've also ordered a new set of whips to replace my ones which went missing - they should arrive by next week, but I hope that I won't have to use them!"

"Guests have traveled 6,937 parsecs over the past week, taking the current total to 45,028 parsecs towards the pledge of 83,714 (an additional 350 parsecs pledged this week 350 parsecs) by the end of this 3-month expedition."

"Several exploration reports have been submitted for your perusal today and I do expect more to come in as the day progresses:

  • MartinC is brindling with fire as he lances moths, *saurs* into wartorn 1940s France and sets light to some Australian cavalry
  • TashaH falls under the spell of an evil cult and gazes happily into a mirror
  • MikeP's ancient German warband swells
  • GaryA goes great guns after joining a union and becoming a rebel
  • ChrisW might have a late post (which he promised would be ready for yesterday!)

Phew! It looks as though the slackers aren't in my team!"


"We have just one announcement from the Station Master today:

Ahhh, yes, well, good morning everyone. I must point out that there is absolutely no cause whatsoever for any of our guests to worry. This announcement is solely for our shuttle pilots.

Please run a diagnostic on the Higgins Amplifier of your Masters TC drive modulator. If the setting is PI, adjust it to R1-CK using the Magnum routine.

Once again, there is no reason for any of our guests to be concerned.

"Well, there we have it from the Station Master's mouth - no cause for panic. Now, if you'll just excuse me while I check our evacuation procedures..."


Toodle-pip!

Tamsin


15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Everyone

    No posting from me today… my 3D printer Elf has been tardy in machine maintenance and my requested print has not yet materialized.🤷‍♀️
    I may need to borrow from Tamsin’s Disciplinary Tool Chest!
    I have it on good authority though, that the Snowlord will be dropping in with a post of his own later today, which will certainly be a Tuesday Treat.
    Next week, I have great plans …. Stay tuned!
    Have a Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment all I can offer to deal with that slacking Elf are stern words of admonishment. ;)

      I shall look forward to your posts(s) next week, and Curt's post today with anticip.......ation! :)

      Delete
  2. No slackers in the ranks of Tamsin’s (Terrorized) Tuesday Toilers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mike, I hope you’re not calling ME a slacker! 😊

      Delete
    2. No ma'am, you have a bona fide excuse, though the finger of blame may point to someone in your proximity. :)

      Delete
    3. No slackers indeed! I have quite a good crew in that regard! :)

      Delete
    4. Where there's a whip, there's a way!

      Delete
  3. Good luck keeping your crew in line. Love the Magnum puns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was rather at a loss for Station Master's Announcements until I watched a video this morning which showed Magnum ice creams. It's funny where inspiration comes from! :)

      Delete
  4. Don't worry, they said... I have my towel, I won't panic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Team Tuesday! have a terrific day!
    I remembered my labels this week so it’s a better start for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamsin, thanks for correcting my maths

    ReplyDelete