Tuesday 1 March 2022

Tamsin's Teeny Tuesday


 "Good morning Ladies, Gentlemen...and Ray! First things first, I must extend the Station's apologies to anybody who is berthed in the Gamma Section. The reason it is currently very hot and dry is that is being used as a venue for peace talks between the three warring Bzzgrrkkltz factions of the ice planet Kxxltnjj. Now, you may find it odd that beings of an ice planet would hold peace talks in a very hot and dry environment, but the mediation team is from Epsilon XL-VII which is even hotter and drier."

"There has been a modest increase in exploration over the past week - 6,851 parsecs traveled compared to 6,538 the week before. We currently stand at 64,134 parsecs of our pledged 85,989 (raised 400 parsecs by me this week!). At our present level of activity we might just make it, but it would be even nicer if we could smash right through it and grind that target into the dust."

"Now the fun part - the reports from our explorers:

  • DaveB presents his study of albino ophidians
  • MikeP goes on a small Napoleonic interlude
  • TashaH has a mysterious neighbour and Aliens in her back yard

We also expect reports from ChrisW and SanderS at some point today. Sadly one of our big-hitters, MartinC, won't have any reports this week having contracted some weird plague from all those lizards he's been handling."

"Announcements from the Station Master:


"Aaahhh, yes, good morning my wonderful explorers and travelers. Just a few, teensy-weensy issues that I need to address."

"Firstly, please can you remember to correctly label packages that you bring onto this Resort Station. Several parcels containing squirrels and skulls have been missing labels which has caused some distress and disruption. Especially troublesome for me was having to apologise to the Ambassador from Cybertron after several squirrels invaded her apartments and chewed her wiring."

"Secondly, a reminder that we have just under three weeks until the three month exploration warrant for this quadrant comes to an end. All exploration reports must be submitted by 2359 on 20 March if they are to be considered - the earlier, the better so as not to stress out our wonderful Stewards Department."


"Well, I don't think I have anything to add to that, other than a reminder that the pace of exploration needs to pick up and that I now have a new set of whips..."


Toodle-pip!

Tamsin


21 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone
    Sadly, nothing from me this week. But I am looking forward to seeing the rest of Team Tuesdays postings 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we're all expecting lots of minis from you next week to make up for it! :D

      Delete
  2. morning all, posting from my sick bed. Good news is i feel better today, bad news I couldn't have felt worse, bad news not going to hammerhead and worst of all I'm having my fence repaired by a conspiracy theorist. Having covid has 1 advantage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you’re not well. I hope your interactions with the fence repairing conspiracy theorist are minimal!

      Delete
    2. Martin my experience is that COVID sucks camel bollocks. The only thing worse than teaching via Zoom, is teaching via Zoom with COVID.

      Your fence contractors are on to your Lizardmen hordes and have c9me to greet their overlords.

      Delete
    3. I wish you a swift recovery - get well soon! :)

      Delete
    4. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Martin. I hope you bounce back soon. Just remind the loonbag contractor that the fence he's constructing is for keeping people like him off of your property.

      Delete
    5. Hope you get better soon, Martin.

      Delete
    6. thanks all, I'm now trying to avoid the fence builder, obviously he is name Gary, as I need him to do a good job

      Delete
  3. Happy Tuesday all! I do hope you’re able to get the rampant squirrels under control Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What we could really do with is for the time travel device to send Oscar to the station. I am led to believe that he is a champion squirrel slayer! :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you're having a lovely day of it, Tamsin. Just so you know, Sarah's hard at work getting her entries lined-up for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fairly quiet; just two frenetic bursts of minioning so far. I'm still waiting for ChrisW's posts to be marked "ready". :)

      Delete
  5. Through good or ill fortune I am still at work WORK! Just realized it is indeed March and Tuesday at that....a clip from the TV show Longmire is running through my head. " Ahh, must be Tuesday" ;)

    ReplyDelete