Sunday 21 January 2024

From MikeF - Overdues and Returns - Steel Legion Lascannons; New Acquisitions and the dangers of smoking - Burnt Tree Terrain - 106 points

Getting my first post in under the wire (and only one shot across the bow from Curt!). For the past year Ive been working on and off on an Imperial Guard Steel Legion army for 40k. I've decided to make a final push to finish the few remaining and overdue units. The models below are from Victoria Miniatures, with heads from Mad Robot Miniatures. They represent lascannon heavy weapon squads. 3 Crew served weapon for 30 points, plus the room = 50 points.


This guy couldn't be less interested in the battle or his lungs!






Second up is a new terrain acquisition. I wanted to make some trees that looked like they have been burned as opposed to the many trees I have with full and lush foliage. I bought some Woodland Scenic tree frames and did some minimal paint and ground work. Pretty quick and simple and will serve their purpose.  I think I worked these out to about 6 points, plus the room = 26 points.


Oops! That's going to be a steep fine.


 

76 points total.


Welcome to the Sunday Crew mike, and a great first post! Glad that you made it!

Great models there. Just right for weapon platforms! And those lascannons.. I think I had some of those back in the day when I was still in Canada! Very nostalgic for me there. Though were the crew AND guns painted here? If so then its a bit more than 30 pts. As each gun is 10 pts, and the infantry is still another 5 pts each. So that would give you 60+20 for the room!

And those trees are exactly how I envision a burned forest. Maybe a bit more soot spread on the base, but looks the bit!

Great work and 106 pts added for you on your first post!

Kyle


13 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking at these figures and terrain pieces - really captured a WW1 vibe as well - great painting. Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great western front vibe to these! Love the guy with the pipe. What’s in the pipe is likely a lot less hazardous then the other th8ngs he’s encountering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Steel Legion Mike. The figures are ace, I had a large force years ago and moved them on. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Mike! Glad you managed to get a submission in under the wire. I love the lascannons, they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking burned trees and welcome to Challenge, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work, I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I am a fan of the greatcoats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic looking legion soldiers. Great conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Mike and great to see you with us. Love the Great War styled las cannons and the blasted trees look very in-theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the guns and the style of painting, it's really brought them to life

    ReplyDelete