Saturday 13 January 2024

From SebastianR: Much like everything else on my paint desk, this is [Overdue] (44.5 points)

Inside me there are four wolves.

The first wolf really wants to paint three tone camouflage on 6mm British infantry.

The second wolf is way too lazy to do so.

The third wolf rationalises it as a massive waste of effort.

The fourth wolf feels guilty about not painting three tone camo.

Honestly I dont know why I feared painting 6mm infantry so much. These might be one of the most lopsided effort to procrastination projects I've ever done.

Once I was told to just basecoat, wash highlight, black the guns they were a breeze. I think I had to master the secret art of not giving a shit as well though. Something about the minimal attention to detail still irks me.

Also, the basing isn't great? But I'm yet to see someone pull off basing modern infantry in a pleasing way so I'm going to give myself a pass this time.

I'm pretty sure I undercoated these minis before or at the start of covid and giving them uncomfortable glances ever since.

They are the final pieces of a Team Yankee in 6mm project, and represent a French VAB borne platoon and the dismounts from a British "Spartan Support Troop"

Here they are with their transports.

24.5 points for the infantry and 20 for the challenge.



Good post Sebastian, I don't blame you for not painting 3-tone camo on 6mm vehicles. You'd literally need a single-hair brush for that. "Hundred-zero" maybe? Basing 6mm infantry is hard though - my normal basing good would make the models look like they're walking through a boulder field. I think you're on the right track by just using flock of some kind.

Dallas

14 comments:

  1. Under normal light at that size, it would be difficult to tell what type of camo was painted. Good enough is definitely a good call. Congrats on getting two units painted and ready to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Sebastian -- and agree with you completely that basing at these small scales is so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely touch anything below 28mm, and I certainly wouldn't be attempting camo on it. Nice work on these little soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get your wolf pack in order! Those are great micro moderns. I won’t do camo in 28mm so I certainly won’t do it in 6mm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Sebastian, I did it on some 12mm (and plan to attempt again this challenge) but would nope out on 6mm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Far too tiny for such details.. but all together they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like your return stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so small, so very small. nicely don mate. I don't even know how you see these they look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn the fourth wolf, cherish the third one, pet the second one, send the first one back into the woods. Nice work, Sebastian!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work Sebastian and simply let the wolves howl. 6mm is wee and not for 3 color camo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take the first wolf to a veterinary psychiatrist for contemplating painting cammo in 6mm. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete