Monday 18 March 2024

From Reilly OG: More Goblins! [New Acquisitions] (85 points)


Release of The Old World has gotten our juices flowing and motivated me to finish my Forrest Goblin army. These figs really bulk our the "heavy" (relative term!) infantry and add a mounted character to give them some resilience.

First up: 10 reinforcements for the utterly terrifying "Goblin Phalanx"

And to lead them a new Hero arrives, riding a fear inducing Giant Spider! I bought this Character specifically to paint for this challenge so it definitely counts as "New and shiny" for me!

Spiders: they're just bigger in Australia!

10 Goblins @ 5 points each = 50

1 large mounted character = 15 points

Bonus shelf for New and Shiny (New Acquisitions, but what's the difference really?)= 20

Total of 85 points, which added to my current total gets me over my 200 point target at the last minute!

...and 7 Skullz to my tally please Mr McSkullface!


I like these night goblins a lot, Reilly!. The spider is well needed to "beef them up" a little, I suppose, but they sure look nice, although myself I would rather hesitate to use the word "phalanx".. The spider character itself is rather more terrifying, a fine model and you have painted it up very well, with the different gradients of blue and it's intrepid little rider. Well done and congratulations on hitting your target!

Martijn

3 comments: