Monday 18 March 2024

From Millsy: Purple People Eaters + Extras (170 points)

G'day All,

To wrap up my Challenge for this year I wanted something simple, relatively low on detail and that wouldn't require too much in the way of thinking. The answer is Tyranids (and droids) apparently. Apart from the Assassin Droids these guys are an addition to Hive Fleet Millsy.

Apologies for the photos, the light is really poor and the purple doesn't agree with the phone camera!

20 x Hormagaunts (100 points)

Speedy, slashy, stabby little suckers who want to get all up in your grill and then eat everything on your grill. And then eat the grill.



10 x Termagants (50 points) 

Speedy, shooty little suckers who want to get slightly less all up in your grill but still eat your grill, etc. after all anyway.



1 x Broodlord (10 points)

Nasty, grabby, stabby monster with loads of spikes, teeth, etc. [insert your own grill joke here]. He's about 80mm tall so I'm not sure what he's worth points-wise. If teeth and spikes count for anything it'll be quite a bit!




Star Wars Legion IG-Series Assassin Droids (10 points)

Not much to say about these apart from they're done. About and simple as they come in terms of paint job really!


And that's me done for another year. I believe I've passed the 15K total points this year which when I think about it is a LOT of minis I might not have painted otherwise.

Thanks once again Curt for the opportunity to be a part of something so special, thanks to my minion charges for the fun and games, and thanks everyone for sharing your work and commenting on mine!

Cheers,
Millsy

TeemuL: Yes, relatively easy paint job to crab a lot of points, very fitting indeed. And as I painted the Broodlord myself two years ago and claimed 10 points, I see no reason to grant you the same 10 points for yours. Blue, purple and red are traditional Tyranid colours and you have executed the scheme well. Those two droids have a busy evening fighting all those 'nids...

P.S. I somehow misread the title and was expecting "World Eaters" all the time... :D

6 comments:

  1. A great challenge Millsy, and thank you for all your minioning efforts too mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a nid swarm! Thanks also for minioning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyranids look the best in huge swarms. Your purple people eaters definitely look the part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Very nice work here Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work this year Millsy. Love these purple horrors.

    ReplyDelete