Monday 18 March 2024

From TeemuL: Back to the Delmonteland [New Acquisitions] (45 points)

My last post for this Challenge is a return to the Delmonteland. I was so inspired by the game and possible campaign that we might play, that I ordered more troops for my imagination force. These are WW2 Americans from Warlord Games just like the US Marine Raider Squad I painted earlier. This time there is a heavier punch, two man bazooka team and three man MMG team relocating themselves.

The MMG team are US Marines as well, but the Bazooka team are US Airbourne, but with my very clever camouflage they look pretty much the same. :) I even have an US Army Jeep to add to my force. The paint scheme is basically the same, I used a bit different yellows and brown washes, so the uniforms and skin tones are even more varied than before. I think the next batch I need to vary the tones within figure, different wash for trousers and jacket for example.

I followed my basing from the first entry, maybe putting even more stuff on the bases. I tried to blend the different materials together with some washes and drybrushes, but I need to work on that, too.

The back of the Bazooka guy shows the camouflage I aimed for, 5 spots in a circle and quite far from other clusters. Some are better than others.

5 28mm miniatures and a location bonus should give me nice 45 points. I didn't reach my target, that was obvious after a very slow start during the Christmas break and week-off in the North, but I really had a good pace at the end and I hope to keep my painting productivity quite high in the near future!

The Final Map


____________________________

I really am enjoying your developing WWII Imagination force, Teemu. I  especially like your take on their camo and find their basework to be wonderfully verdant. Maybe next year we'll get to see some of their opposition? I hope so.

Thank you Teemu for all your excellent submissions over the Challenge, and for your wonderful minioning of the Thorsday crew. Another year of your insightful Finnish lessons and I think Sarah and I will be ready to immigrate. :)

- Curt 

18 comments:

  1. Thank you, Curt! I really like this stuff, too, and I guess it shows. After these I'll paint some non-player-forces, the UFK is needed in some scenarios, but there will be something next year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Teemu, I agree with Curt that the Camo is a success. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I like the camo, it looks like a camo, but it is rather easy to do.

      Delete
  3. Great looking imaginations force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve enjoyed this wacky project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Teemu never heard of or thought about a modern imaginations before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The possibility was hinted in the rulebook (Wars of Insurgency) to be a solution for players, who don't feel comfortable in the modern wars, but can use existing minis without a new range.

      Delete