Thursday 7 March 2019

From NoelW for Thursday: A touch of the Napoleonic (45 points)


In my second post this week, I’ve nine Napoleonic figures. There are three Ottoman figures from the Perrys for Napoleon’s invasion of Egypt. These go with the trio in my Fellowship post.



The two standing figures are camel drivers, so should have their accompanying camels, one a camel limber and the other a camel ambulance, but I decided I probably wouldn’t get them assembled before the end of the Challenge, so they’re currently leading thin air.

The other six are officer figures from Foundry’s Casting Room ranges, some of which were being sold for an irresistible half price at Hammerhead. The blister labelled them as “British officers”, though the website calls them “Rebellious Gentlemen”, leaders in their Rebels and Rioters lists. I’m really pleased with these, because I’ve been looking for figures to act as French scientists in the Egyptian expedition, and I’ve also wanted figures I could use for Spanish in the Peninsular War. Because these figures don’t map precisely onto any particular uniforms, gamers like me who are not always too concerned with exactness can use these for a wide range of contexts.



The first I’ve painted as a generic British office. His hair style puts him easily in as late C18th as much as early C19th, so could probably serve in the AWI, though I’m thinking he might easily serve in the Indies.  


I’ve painted one in a version of Rifles uniform, thinking he could also be used as an officer of the Chasseurs Britanniques or Corsican Rangers, who both served in Egypt.


A third is simply given a black jacket, to go with his civilian hat. He will be a French scientist.


I’ve painted one as a generic naval officer, though they generally did not wear waist sashes, and instead had them across the shoulder.


The guy with a cloak is a close match for a Spanish Generalissimo.


And the final figure has been given a sky blue sash, which makes him potentially a Spanish general or a French General de Brigade.


Almost of these figures, of course, could also stand as guerrilla leaders in the Peninsular.

So, nine figures: 45 points (and 1 Squirrel point)

Only one squirrel point this week? Are you well? Love the Ottomans, waiting patiently for their camels.
Your multi purpose chaps are great, I'm sure they will make excellent guerilla leaders although you could probably need a man of the cloth too?
Spot on with the numbers 45 points it is!

All the best Iain 

7 comments:

  1. Nice work n all of these Noel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Noel. You should name the Spanish Generalissimo, Clarko Kentdro. He has a resemblance to the Man of Steel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work Noel. Still loving these Egypt themed figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a characterful group here, they will certainly enliven any great game and function very well as characters in skirmish games.

    ReplyDelete