Friday 22 January 2021

AndrewB Waterbound African Queen (40 points)

 For my entry in the Aquifer room of the challenge, I dug out this outstanding 3Dprinted boat by Sea Dog Studios, which came as a part of a pair, sold as the African Queen of Humphrey Bogart fame.  I selected this little boat and added a maxim gun on naval mount from Old Glory’s Houston Colonial Guns range.  

This will serve as a commandeered civilian vessel for my pulp German East Africans.   More vessels will be coming soon, both a significantly dirtier civilian version of this craft, and a British Torpedo boat of late 1800s vintage.   


Painting 3D printed models has presented a few added challenges as opposed to only cast in resin.  Most notably, I had to paint and repaint the boiler multiple times as I attempted to dry brush a beaten metal look or rust wash before finally just going with a nice black.  The crew of this launch obviously take good care of her and take pride in their work!
More models shortly as I catch up with the painting progress I’ve made over the past month.  I believe this as a 28mm vehicle will be 20pts, as well as 20 for the challenge. 

11 comments:

  1. You only need now to do a Humphrey Bogart and a Katherine Hepburn model... very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great river boat. Love the brass on the MG and the boiler came out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great little boat, I have the movie in the bookcase and must say your version looks the part even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work on that little boat! Looks almost like straight from one of those vintage movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little river boat and nice maxim!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice boat, it looks like the crew take good care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great model for your Pulp games
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete