Friday 22 January 2021

From: Christopher Sliter : Roman Iron (120pts.)

 

Hitting the ground with some 3rd Century Romans for Infamy! Infamy' from TFL rules. Time just seems to fly and for various reasons it took me longer to get these off the desk and into the challenge then I anticipated. These are heavy armored Imperial legionaries that make up the backbone of the Roman force and the core focal point of my army. I already began the Germans towards the end of last year and now onto some Romans. I may mix them both in the challenge, but at the moment the Romans take priority.



I picked 3rd Century Romans as they are probably my favorite looking of all the Romans because they have imho the most diverse look of all the periods they are involved in giving you more freedom to interpret their presentation. I just really like the mix bronze, iron and steel in various coats of banded armor, chainmail and scalemail toped off with an assortment of headgear makes for a very interesting looking Roman force! 



I often like to take liberties and here is no exception when I added Palestinian clubmen to my western Roman force operating in Germania which I suspect is highly unlikely, but they look so cool I had to add them! 
In the front rank I have the clubman and those Romans who have drawn their gladius after having thrown their pilums. The second rank is preparing to throw their pilums  in support of the front rank.



The figures are from A&A miniatures which have been around for quite a few years now, but like Foundry are standing up very well to the test of time. What is rather surprising is they are one of the few companies offering Romans from this period considering the range of armor, weapons and opponents one can find from this period.


The bases are from Charlie Foxtrot Models and Colin is a great chap to work with and will modify your bases to your specs. The paints I used were a mix of Foundry and Vallejo paints and some Mig pigments for weathering. The shields are decals from the most excellent LBM although I did add extra battle damage and weathering so they won't look exactly like that if you want some of your own.

More Infamy troops on the way!

These are 24 miniatures at 28mm scale which I believe brings me to 120pts. for the scoreboard.

Miniature Company- A&A miniatures

Thanks for viewing!


15 comments:

  1. Great figures, really well painted. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these Romans, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paintjob on these figures is excellent, I really like the reds of the shields and the bases are very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work all round Chris! As you know I'm a big fan of all things Roman and especially the 3rd Century. In my eyes you've absolutely nailed it with your take on these fine fellows. Somehow all of a sudden that bunch of half painted Romans are starring at accusingly me from across the table...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking 3rd century Romans, they look ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now these are flipping lovely. Like the variety from the bronze

    ReplyDelete
  7. love them Chris, a big fan of A & A myself

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on these minis. The bases are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking minis well done 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful brushwork Christopher! Love the bases and sabots as well.

    ReplyDelete