Friday 22 January 2021

From: Grahame Hornwood: 15mm Essex Prussian Artillery FPW (110 points)

 This is just a quick post as I haven’t submitted one and it’s getting close to the time limit. Last year I rebased some of my Napoleonics deciding that I liked the 1 to 20 scale large units. So just before the challenge started I began to rebase my Franco-Prussian war armies to 1 to 33 scale(ish). Unfortunately I didn’t finish so I am having to paint up so more units just to finish the Prussian Army. Hence the artillery battery below 

Three Prussian Limbers and guns
Three Prussian field guns, and I have just notice a bit of a mistake. 
All together

 

This year I decided to see if I could get an army painted during the challenge. I have a large metal mountain, or rather mountains, to choose from. So I decided to buy another new army to go with my 15mm FPW Prussians. 1866 Austrians. Now I have tried to be sensible, given I only have a 6’x4’ table so I am looking at painting 12 infantry battalions, 3 cavalry Regiments and 2 artillery batteries. However, I am already thinking of making it larger. “I think I have a problem, I must be strong”. Hopefully I will post the first pictures at the weekend. 


Total for this post 

Limbers & guns 72pts

Deployed artillery 36

Total 108

13 comments:

  1. It's always impressive to see limbers as well as artillery pieces and these look lovely! Bring on the 1866 Austrians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Grahame! I love this period, so would encourage you to dive in!
    I also salute any effort to paint artillery limbers...I know I should, but I just can't bring myself to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work in the Krupps and Krauts. I’ll echo the comments above on including the limbers. Great basing and really like the blue in the carriages and limbers👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive looking battery. The sky blue looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful looking Prussians! One of my favourite periods I've sadly not yet come round to do. You really should add some Bavarians to your collection though. And that's not because I'm a Bavarian myself, but because the cornflower blue is just striking ;-)
    I'll throw in another two points for you having actually painted the limbers. Very well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff Grahame

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post - great to see some Franco Prussians! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete