Friday 22 January 2021

From RobW: Menacing Masked Minions (125 points)

No time like the day before the cutoff for your first submission.  


These are 25 figures from the now defunct (as far as I know) Parroom Station Miniatures.  They had a line of VSF figures with Martians, British, these Masked Minions, and a few others.  I had first seen the figure line at Historicon and kept them in the back of my mind for the future.

A couple of years down the road an acquaintance opened a new shop in the area, so I went on by to support the business.  I saw that he carried the Parroom Station line, so I decided to buy some packs of the Masked Minions.  That shop has been closed for 15-20 years now, so I've had these sitting around for quite some time.






I've had a couple of false starts on these as I was never sure what I wanted to do with them.  I had recently re-primed these, and since time was running out I finally decided that I would speed paint them with the paints currently on my painting table.  I painted these with mostly Vallejo paints, and Army Painter washes.  The basing is simple dry brushed ballast and static grass.  They are definitely painted with the three foot rule in mind.  All in all it took about four to five hours to paint them, and it shows when you look at them close up; but I'm happy with how they look at a distance. 


This should be 25 x 28mm figures = 125 points.

12 comments:

  1. I do like some VSF and these are a great example - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking mass of minions, glad they're not yellow!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Rob - well done, and welcome to the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for making it in under the wire. These look suitably sinister, turned out great, and will hopefully fit a wide variety of games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the menacing masked minions and welcome Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done Rob! They have a distinct WW1 feel to them which I find quite striking. Welcome on board as well, glad you could make it. Now you can lean back a little and enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unusual looking figures Rob and just in time too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done getting these off the lead pile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice bunch of Victorian space explorers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Challenge, great start (even if its a bit late !)
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete