Monday 18 January 2021

From Millsy: Snowlord '89 (25 points)

Hi All,

It's time to "pay the piper" as it were and submit my price of entry.

I recently received my hardcover book from the Terrain Essentials Kickstarter, along with which came a complimentary miniature version of the author. Rather than paint him up as the author I though I would reinterpret him, so here we have Curt in all his late-80s glory.

As you can see from his cosy monster hat we're heading into the colder months. He's also wearing his tough-guy jacket with his high-school graduation year emblazoned on the back. Clutched in his hand is his archiving student's notebook, filled with all manner of notes on the dark arts of preventing foxing and *never, never, ever* touching anything without your white cotton gloves.

Lots of fun to paint and I hope whoever ends up with him likes him as much as I do!

Cheers,
Millsy

11 comments:

  1. Nice work Millsy. I think you’ve captured the dorky smirk nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a top figure, and a helluva paint job! Nice one Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking curtgeld!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super paint job, great figure
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Brilliant stuff Millsy. I would have given my eye teeth for a toque like that. The grad year is close as well. I agree with Peter on the smirk. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Offering Curt as the Curtgeld? Very meta.

    Great painting and a cool mini.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Millsy! And I say that as a class of ‘89 grad myself!

    ReplyDelete