Monday 18 January 2021

From GeorgeS - The Gallery of Ancestors - Contribution price figure.

    Finaly I find the time to finish it sooner than I expected :)

         So, here it is my contribution to the Chamber Of Challenge contest. As it is my first year to this beautiful event I wanted to gift something that represents me well. All those who know me from my blog they know I'm a big Airfix fan, so my figure couldn't be something else :)

        A classical pose of " British Commandos" 1:32 set and my favourite figure of it. And , as the bases of those figures are a bit poor, I based him on a driftwood so he can be well added to any collectors display.

      Also this figure is my entry to the " Gallery of Ancestors" chamber. I believe most of us have in our family trees some ancestor who fought in that war, one or the other side.. My grandfather fought in the Greek-Italian front in Albania and then he was with the Greek resistance fighting along with the British troops in the mountains. It was common that time that many of the Partisans was equipped with British Army uniforms etc. So I believe that this uniform was well worn by the Greek Partisans.






    So, for the record this scores 30 points and it is ready to be sent in some of the participants. 
 
That's all for now and hope you like this..ancestor of us :)
 
'Till next time..
 
Keep Up The Brushes!! 

18 comments:

  1. Great paintjob with lovely skin tones -- I reckon I know this fellow from down the pub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm happy you find him so realistic :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great work on this figure and nice backstory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on a very nice figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking figure and interesting story!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another old school classic, one of my favourites as a kid.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully painted figure and fascinating background lore. I'm sure your grandad had some harrowing stories from his youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt! Unfortunately he passed away when I was very young and I lost the experience of hearing them from him. :(

      Delete
  7. Good work and basing. I'd be tempted to smear on some facepaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barks! I'm happy if this inspired you somehow :)

      Delete
  8. Great looking mini. The base suits it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great figure - we dont really see so many 1:32 scale figures. Great job and total "memory lane" blast .....

    ReplyDelete