Monday 18 January 2021

From Barks: Guardian Drones in The Guardroom (35 points)

For The Guardroom, here are Guardian Drones from Blackstone Fortress. I have yet to see them in action, but they didn't thrill me whilst painting them. The carapace is Apothecary White and a white drybrush over a white undercoat.


This one's got a damaged Spindledrone

This one has a swarm of repair drones
coming from the floor.

With standard Spindledrones painted for AHPC IX

They're big; on 50mm bases. If anything, I wish they were bigger- the damaged drone is smaller than its siblings. So I reckon 15 points for the pair. This finally gives me runs on the board for the GW challenge, but not a skull to be found! I've been pumping out daily posts for the last week, but this will slow down a bit now.

2x large things: 15 points
Guardroom: 20 points
GW Challenge: 15

16 comments:

  1. Interesting models. They remind me of Martians. The colour scheme certainly works and, as usual, is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I hate spindle drones when they get worked up. Our party got the snot kicked out of us by one all because we were greedy and want the last treasure token that it was guarding.
    Nice painting though even without skullz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't hurt me too badly- yet. Urghuls, however...

      Delete
  3. Pretty sure someone at Google has already deployed these things for a beta test.

    Nice brushwork Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work here! Love to see such models without metallics there as they just come together so much more! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking drones, even I am painting something with a skull on it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strange looking things, looks a bit like War of the Worlds 🌎
    Nice job
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work Barks. Like Kyle, I like the NMM take on these. This reminds me that I've not yet picked up the set, so I should get a wiggle on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome looking drones, the colours you've used look ideal for these figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not especially original, I'm afraid.

      Delete