Monday 18 January 2021

From BruceR 28mm Polish Line Light Horse Lancers (90 pts)

Work has kicked up slowing the painting process.

 Here are my French allies for my Sharp Practice 2 force.  After a lockdown Brunswick challenge earlier in the year my British allies received cavalry I needed to do the same for the French.  We traveled to the Twin cities for a bolt action smashup in late 2019 and this was one of the prizes and I snapped them up having more WW2 than needed.  

The miniatures are Warlord Games and plastic with metal heads with czapka.  I've used a slightly lighter blue for table appeal.  My aversion to plastic remains.  The figures require more highlighting so more time.  I paint horses separate from the riders and this keeps me  from hating the horses too much.  Airbrush, Army Painter wash, highlight and done.  

This is my second submission of cavalry and without the airbrush would not happen.  Also living in the great white north the ability to prime and basecoat in doors (with a hood) keeps painting running.  

Excited to pounce on some green jacketed rifles.  


Don't look now, but more primed horses in the back ground.  Some Gaulish nobles?  Maybe get to them for Infamy Infamy.







I love the character of Sharp Practice leaders so dubbed him Lt. Theodore (Teddy) Taszarek after my spouses maiden name and father.  I thought about grabbing the ancestor room, but have another thought on that theme.  
Hmm, are these from Bob Murch as they have mustaches to rival the Movember figures I've submitted and intend to paint/submit.  


So, 9 x 10 = 90 pts.

Thanks all.

8 comments:

  1. Always a pretty sight on table,love the lancers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those lance pennons separate, or cast on to the models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cast on. Bendy will see how they hold up.

      Delete
  3. Lovely group of figures, hope work slows up a bit so you can get some proper work done 😁
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love some Lancers, they look great! I know what you mean about cavalry and it appears that's all I'm painting this challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no fan of plastics, but those look quite sharp. Cracking work Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, the blue is really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete