Tuesday 23 February 2021

from RayR - Chamber of Challenge - The Oubliette (68 points)



Well I bet this is a surprise? No Donnybrook!
Long Long ago, long before my blog, I painted up a rather large 15mm army for both sides for the Battle of Pavia 1525. The Rejects played quite a few games using Age of Discovery rules, which always worked well, if a little fiddly. I'll get them out again one day, I promise!

These 3 small units have been glued to sticks ready to paint since around 2002-5. So I thought they'd be a good entry into The Obliette bonus round.


Oubliette: Your challenge in this chamber is to paint something forgotten, or lost. A figure you thought you’d sold years ago. Or a model from a long-forgotten project. Resurrect what excited you, long ago, with a flourish from your brushes.


I hadn't planed on painting any 15mm figures during this Challenge, but it sure reminded me just how quick they are to paint up, over 25mm.
The figures on the right are from Essex Miniatures and I can't remember who made the two Landsknechte units? They could be Venexia, but I'm not 100% sure?


The 3 units of 15mm figures will earn me 48 points
along with the 20 point Bonus, making a total of 
68 points.



Those have been sitting in your paint queue for quite some time, haven't they? I'll bet you're glad to finally have them painted. As a special reward, I've found half a red wax crayon for you.

Tamsin

14 comments:

  1. Great trip back in time Ray and nice looking Italian Wars types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Ray! It would be great to see them in a game when the Rejects can get together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's what I'd like to do. Get a game in with these soon.......fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Always nice to see Italian wars figures and these are great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, I've a few figures to paint then it's 10mm Italian wars all the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost 20 years maturing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll just call them 'well seasoned', won't we. Great work Ray. Did you find that your painting style has changed over the years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all. I've kinda stuck with the same method for 15mm for years now....thank gawd.

      Delete