Tuesday 23 February 2021

From MikeF - 30k Alpha Legion Vehicles for the Hydra! (70 points)

 I haven't posted in a while, but I haven't been idle. Curt asked me to complete a superheavy vehicle for my 30k Alpha Legion and I've been working away at it for the past month. Alongside the big vehicle, I also completed 3 smaller (and not so small) vehicles for the Alpha Legion. These include a Rhino, Predator and Land Raider Proteus. The Predator is heavily converted and includes bits from Ebay company Blood & Skulls Industry. They produce great resin parts for GW models to give them a nice 30k feel. The turret, weapons and side sponsons are all from B&S's and all the parts have pre-drilled holes for magnets. The resin parts need some cleanup and heat bending, but no more than Forgeworld parts. I wouldn't consider it a "cheap" alternative to Forgeworld, unless you had some spare Rhino's or land raiders kicking around.

Hopefully next week I'll have the superheavy completed for the Altar.





The front plate is from the original Predator model. The sponsons are attached to the hull with magnets

Executioner Plasma Gun

Mega-Melta Cannon

Camo netting at the rear for the sneaky Alpha Legion



This was originally the armored proteus model with smaller side doors. I wanted to keep the big doors so I used the sponson from the Storm Raven gunship model.

Thanks for visiting
 


Nice painting. Oh, and "Hail, Hydra!", errrrmmm, wrong franchise! Forget what I just said.

I've scored the three as 28mm vehicles and added a few points for the biggie and a few more for the conversion work.

Tamsin

12 comments:

  1. I forgot to add the points. I think 20 points each for the two small ones and 25 points for the land raider. 65 points total.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, Mike, those vehicles look terrific. I really like the modifications and spanky Alpha Legion decals. Alpharious would be proud (if we could only find him).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALPHA TO OMEGA!! Great work Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome vehicles there dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice- I like the black recessed panels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work Mike, love that blue and the crisp decal work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Alpha Legion tanks look magnificent. I guess the decals are from Forge World as well? Really looking forward to seeing the superheavy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work! I wouldn't have guessed those were non-Forgeworld bits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid looking trio of space marine armoured vehicles!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. some very crisp painting mate!

    ReplyDelete