Tuesday 23 February 2021

From DaveD - Fallschirmjäger Battlegroup (292 points)

 Hi,

Its been a while (still having issues with commenting on the blog ) - I have been busy with work and with a complicated paint job. I completed my 15mm WW2 late war Fallschirmajer battlegroup .

Oh I so enjoyed doing all that complicated camo schemes. 







3 infantry platoons - 24 stands

Coy Hq - 2 stands

1 HMG platton 

3 ATG stands

4 x 80mm mortar (some done before the challenge - based together with this lot

3 x 120mm (done before the challenge as above)

3 x Opel Blitz

2 Hetzer Tank Destroyers

So a total of :-

120 - Figures = 240

3 AT Guns = 12 points

5 vehicles = 40 points 

Total 292 pts


Right on with some bigger toys next to take me to target 


Another points bomb! This has been a "boom" of a day for me to be minioning.

Despite the hate, you've done a grand job on the camo. I'll bet you're happy to be finished with it.

Tamsin

24 comments:

  1. Thanks Tamsin - it was feeling like a grind until the last few bring it to life sessions . Glad to have them done .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great work Dave! Are all of those Battlefront figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ,figures are Battlefront, vehicles are Forged in Battle

      Delete
  3. They look great Dave. I just flat out don’t do camo. I’ve always liked the Hetzer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Fallschirmjager, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking German para force,excellent camo!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Dave. I really like the desaturated look you went with on the vehicles' camo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the result of a varnish failure ironically. I doubt I can recreate! But happy to have got there

      Delete
  7. Luv the camo once tried this on the old aifix figures no where your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are superb - very nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking models Dave. Excellent groundwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work Dave! Your pains in painting the camo have paid off a thousand times I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job! I've always shied away from FJ units, but you fcan't avoid them in Normandy (or Italy). Do you plan to do this Normandy thing at a 1:1 ratio? ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely points bomb Dave 💣
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete