Monday 7 February 2022

From PeteF - A Trip to The Death Star: Printed Sci Fi Monsters for a Friend (70 points)

Going into Challenge XII I wanted to paint the widest variety of minis that I could find - and having become a little jaded with my own projects (there are around fifteen) I offered to paint something for each of my wargaming pals.  ChrisD offered up this splendid group of monsters. 

A Questionable Design?

Is the dragon's head devouring the dog or is the dog running through the head? CRIPR gone wild.

Several challenges ago I speculated about the future of 3D printing - and it's come a long way in the last few years. We're seeing a lot more of it in the Challenge and I'm running into more and more 3D printed models and even whole armies on the table. Chris 3D printed all of these - so if he doesn't like the colours it will be easier to print a new one than go to the Simple Green.

About those colours - unbound by Ospreys I wanted to go bright and wild -  I'm assuming they'll be well camouflaged on their home planets, although the magenta frog might be giving off more of a warning (WARNINGDon't Leave Colour Choices to Pete!).


To get to the Death Star and deliver these creatures of questionable design I need to use the Star Yacht - so here is Brunhilda #1 - a Viking shieldmaiden for SAGA. She's a resin miniature from V&V and was gifted to me several years ago by Old Bob. She has some as yet unpainted friends which may be needed to fuel future yacht excursions.





6 x 28mm miniature = 30 points

Yacht Trip and Death Star 2 x 20 = 40 points

Squirrel: +1 (total 5)

Skulz: +0 (total 1)




Well Pete, it looks like you've been drinking LeeH's "tastes like red" coffee, or perhaps some herbal concoctions.  Very technicolour results on the fauna on display here.  I am assuming that you are a known quantity to your friend and therefore the friend has an idea of what they're getting!  I really like them, the frog and purple worm are wonderful. 

I really like your sheildmaiden too, great work on the shelld.






  


9 comments:

  1. Great looking shield maiden and chaos spawn!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I quite like that Beaked Purple People Eater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magenta frog is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright colours here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colourful beasts!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice varied entry, very colourful monsters and earthly shieldmaiden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great monsters, that pink fanged toad will haunt my dreams.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete