Tuesday 22 February 2022

From SanderS: Let's play ball! (55 points)

 Hoi,

 

At the end of the Challenge we always are asked to show some pictures of our painted goodies and ourselves. Well my picture will be a mighty empty one since a lot of the stuff I am painting this Challenge is for friends. My mate Mark has only one army: WFB Skaven, as such he also has only one team for Blood Bowl: Skaven. He has asked me to paint them up for him and so here are the "Labrunners"

First up: I have painted up just 10 of the 24 figures he has for his team as I wasn't able to finish the two gutter runners yet. 

 


I did print him a BB Bleachers for displaying the figures in the cabinet including the markers

Apart from the Rats shown above I have also painted up an old school white metal Star Player figure called Zug. I painted him up in the colours of the newest Imperial Nobles team of burgundy and creme. 

 



So 11 figures x 5 points is another 55 for the scoreboard.

 

Cheers Sander


Nice rats!

Tamsin



27 comments:

  1. Zug the mighty! Great work Sander! The skaven gang is wonderful. Very smooth work on them and kudos for the display bleachers, that is a wonderful gift for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. much obliged mister Bromley, they were an absolute joy to paint!

      Delete
  2. They look ready to rumble! Great work Sander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Peter, Mark knowing they will probably leave the field in pieces, he's rubbish with dice lately.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Blood Bowl half-team and the old school Zug is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Teemu, yes he does have a lot of character!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful brushwork, Sander. Skaven always crack me up and you've done them proud here. I also really like the display plinths. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a more relaxed time, long ago, we played WFB with Mark using his Skaven and me using Goblins. It practically became a waiting game who would run away first or blow himself up. So yeah I have fond memories of Skaven too

      Delete
  5. These figures are even more wonderful, knowing they’ve been painted for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and the good part is all the fun we're having up front before we even played a game. The colours of the team are the teamcolours of Mark's favourite F1 team. His story is that his rats stole this un-Skavenlike stuff from another team who now have to enter the field in their bare bums.

      Delete
  6. I can't play BBowl without using Zug. He is the heart and soul of the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, I can't wait to use him on the field!

      Delete
  7. Superb brushwork, your mate is getting a great team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers mate! I do hope he's happy with them.

      Delete
  8. Splendid looking skaven and nice Zug!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Labrunners" - love it. Terrifying what happens when the lab rats get loose and go pro.
    These are beautifully painted.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, I am happy with them as well!

      Delete
  10. Great figures and display!

    ReplyDelete