Tuesday 22 February 2022

MartinC - Heroes in a Half Shell (175pts)

 I've finished my Lizardman army and it's very big. I will show it all at some point, but will have to do much more tidying up before then. I know that everyone will say I'm lying and I will make it bigger. But for now it is made of complete regiments and I've bought all the figures I wanted.

All great Lizardmen armies need Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. These are the Aztec cousins


Raphaelapetl


Donatellopetl

Leonardopetl


Michaelangelopetl


Cousin Bobopetl


No Wait. There are only 4 TMNT but there are 5 in the pack. Who thought it needed 5 and then designed one. The sculpts are awesome, you can feel them jumping of the bases, full of dynamism. They were great to paint. They move me into the inner ring


Next up the Lizard Queen. She's a big girl (54mm) and have a massive axe and spear.

and skirt and headress with about 100 feathers.

A small unit a lizardmen to complete a regiment.


All lizardmen armies need dinosaurs. This is cheap toy T-Rex with a platform for lizardmen. Don't need much to hold onto, my lizardmen have sticky feet.

This is a big lizard.


But not a big as this Triceratops with a ballista on the howdah, which decorated with severed heads

Does look cool doesn't it

Points

5 x 40mm turtles + Krypton = 55
1x lizard queen = 10
7 x lizardmen = 35
2 dinosaurs = 20mm vehicles = 40
6 dino crew = 30
Ballista = 5 (it's only little)
total = 175



Yes, well, I'm sure that your lizardmen army is complete and that you won't be adding any more regiments to it. At least in the next four weeks.

I'm assuming you meant 28mm vehicles for the dinosaurs, not 20mm.

Lovely stuff, Martin!

Tamsin

25 comments:

  1. I was wondering when I’d see Bob! Smashing lot of dinos and lizards! (definitely not turtles!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, I love the dynamic poses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work,Martin! The Queen is splendid with her 5 champions( the fifth Ninja turtle total makes sense)
    I vote for the lost brother being named after Botticelli, Caravaggio, or Titian....maybe Bosch!
    Nice remake on the Dino toys too, wouldn't have known if you hadn't squealed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caravaggiopetl it is. There is a shortage of toy dino's here, they are all cyborgs. Found these on the flea market

      Delete
  4. Fine additions to your army! And Triceratops teally is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, the T Rex and triceratops are ace

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome. I love the lizard queen. She looks, um, a bit bossy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, she's a great figure and you would do as you were told

      Delete
  7. While all these ,izardmen and women are awesome, the 4 turtle heroes now have me humming the tune of a certain 80s cartoon show under my breath all day. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, glad to have given you the earworm

      Delete
  8. Awesome looking lizard additions, love the triceratops ballista platform!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Challenge has seen us Lavished with Lovely Lizards. A giant dino with a Howdah may be the coolest thing ever.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on the turtles and the Dino-riders!

    ReplyDelete