Tuesday 1 March 2022

From SanderS: Pass me another Snotling! (210 points)

 Hoi,


Today there's another Blood Bowl team: a Snotling Team and it's yet again for another friend of mine (Martijn) I am painting up another big project for him so more on that later this Challenge. 

For now I have painted it up in the colours he asked me to. I specially like the pumpwagons although I do believe Martijn wasn't too happy with how they performed in the first game we played last week.





 First up the linemen, one of them is sporting a cap in the colours of the Labrunners, they probably nicked it from Mark's team:


Then the specials:




As is fitting, I also painted up the markers for the team, but haven't come round to painting the balls.

I also finished him a Troll to go along with the team as well as the two gutter runners that were missing from Mark's team last week.








The pumpwagons I will count as a mounted figure each (so 20 points total) and the markers I will take together as 1 figure so 5 points. So that brings it all up to a total of:

- 2 gutterrunners: 10 points

- 1 troll 5 points

- 18 snotlings is 90

- 2 pumpwagons 

- markers 5 points

for a total of: 130 points


That's a very colourful team, Sander! However, I'm still trying to work out how those pumpwagons don't tip over backwards from the weight of those rocks...

As for the scoring, I'm going to count the pumpwagons as vehicles, which they undoubtedly are. They also have crew - it looks to be four figures with each one, making eight more snotlings. And two of the specials are riding squigs, so they're "cavalry". And there seems to be another snotling being thrown by the troll...hang on while I work out the correct points!

I make that:

17 snotlings on foot (including the one being thrown), plus 8 on the pumpwagons, plus 2 gutter-runners...that's 27 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 135 points

2 mounted snotlings = 2 x 28mm mounted @ 10 = 20 points

2 pumpwagons = 2 x 28mm vehicle @ 20 = 40 points

1 troll - I'm told it's 75mm tall, so = 1 x 40mm mounted @ 15 = 15 points

Total = 210 points


Tamsin

19 comments:

  1. Gosh Tamsin, thanks heaps for doing the math a lot better than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are awesome! I think the wagons are my favourite, but it’s a hard choice because everything is so well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, they were a joy to paint.

      Delete
  3. I can only say that you are truly a wonderful friend! Very nice painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to be honest Martijn does give me stuff in change for painting his figures so I am not exactly a filantropist ;-)

      Delete
  4. This is brilliant stuff Sander! I have just been roped into "Bloodbowl" here locally, so I will be using your work as inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I could lend some advice: all teams are divided into three categories: tiers 1 through 3 with tier 1 being easiest and most forgiving to play with and 3 really hard. Start with a tier 1 team until you know the game and then switch to a team you really like.

      Delete
    2. Yes, if one wants to learn the art of losing, Blood Bowl is good game for that. :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful mob, Sander! The pump wagons remind me of the fun days of WFB when you could field an army of Gobbos straight from Bowie's Labrynth film! I like the colors you gave them. I really like the gutter runner with the diamond pattern cloak, he is fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember those days kindly, I used to play Goblins against Mark's Skaven, each game was basically a wait who would run away first or who would blow himself up first.

      Delete
  6. Colourful and goofy, perhaps not the impression a team wants to give but it looks great. Love the wheelbarrow thingys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well that's what I love about Blood bowl: the way my palette looks after painting a team: very colourful

      Delete
  7. Everything is really great, I love the skin tone on the snotlings and the patterns on the Skaven figures are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Snotlings were done with Vallejo Russian uniform as base, it makes for a more muted colour that lets the spotcolours pop more

      Delete
  8. What a great collection of figures Sander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are great fun, luckily I am going to paint a second team in pink...

      Delete
  9. Great looking bloodbowl team,great fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snotlings, these are great!

    ReplyDelete