Tuesday 1 March 2022

From TashaH: Aliens! [LV426] (42 points)

 

 LV426 is a skeery place. I do not like it here! 


 

These figures are from WizKids. I bought them solely for this planet, because they represent to me exactly what creepy aliens should look like! 

 



 

I used Skeleton Horde, Plaguebearer Flesh and Terradon Turquoise Contrast paints. I finished off with a light swipe of Nuln Oil and there you have it!

 



 

The points:

35 mm figure - 6 points

26 mm figure - 4 points

Planet bonus - 20 points

All in … 30 points! 

Now, let’s get the heck out of here! Into the maelstrom, hoping to get tossed to the outer ring and wheee!!!


To those who were questioning my benevolence in sending you through the maelstrom to LV426, perhaps this post could indicate potential collusion, although I couldn't possibly comment!

Those aliens are definitely creepy, Tasha! I'm scoring them as 1 x 25/28mm and 1 x 40mm, so that's 2 extra points.

You want to get tossed back into the Outer Ring? Anyone suspicious might be tempted to think that you are trying to avoid the, errmm, challenge of Challenge XII...I think I'll dump you out at Skaro!

Tamsin

Edit: score adjusted - I'd forgotten that it was 30 points for the planet you get dumped out of the Malestrom onto!

21 comments:

  1. Wow! These seem to be almost...transparent! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamsin… collusion? Us? No!!! I was just well prepared :)
    Perhaps my lack of a stock pile/pile of shame has me circling the planetary circles rather than diving into the core! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a quick visit to LV426 or rather clever planning instead. I suspect the latter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creepy looking aliens, Natasha! I like the translucency to them...but I still want to burn em with fire! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you have made them see through, everyone else said translucent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin! Excellent vocabulary diversity!

      Delete
  6. Very creepy! Maybe they’re working on Martins fence. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah Peter! They would be great manual labourers with those giant hands!

      Delete
  7. Yup creepy they are. Have to look for those figures, of course I could not do as good a paint job as you did, nice and translucent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, but really the contrast paints did the work on these! They are officially called WizKids Pathfinder Battles Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures: Wave 7: Doppelgangers

      Delete
  8. Nice gribblies! The green on these is very good indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And very creepy they look too! Great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking aliens!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is just creepy!

    ReplyDelete