Saturday 14 January 2023

From Barks: Lobelia fights the orcs (Fantasy)(105 points)

I've painted Lobelia Sackville-Baggins as my fee for Lady Sarah's limousine. Lobelia is a grumpy and disliked hobbit but redeems herself by standing up to Sharkey's rogues with her "umberella" in The Scouring of the Shire, aged about 100.



She gets me to the Fantasy set, where I present a dozen armoured orcs. I have many more to paint, but wanted to get this batch down.




13x 28mm figures (65 points)

Fantasy set (20 points)

Lady Sarah's Limousine (20 points)


That doesn't look like a very fair fight, Barks. There are only twelve of those poor orcs, and she has an umbrella. You should probably crack on with some more batches of orcs to even the fight up a little. 

Nice work.

30 comments:

  1. Great stuff Barks, she looks like my angry ex mother in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those Sackville-Baggins, keep an eye on the silver! Great job here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An angry old woman with a brolly is a fearsome opponent. Great stuff Barks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Lobelia (in the end, anyways)? I know I love yours, Barks. The orcs are fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! Lobelia is one giant of a hobbit -- the Orcs don't stand a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good looking Orcses here, but Lobelia wins the beauty contest. Wonderful to see lots of Lotr goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really should be a LotR side duel.

      Delete
  7. Great orcs, but I love your Lobelia, Barks. Such a great character figure. Now, I'm going to check to make sure we have all our spoons in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Barks. Great Orcs in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Love Lobelia, Barks! She turned out well! Can almost hear the orcs" run lads! She has an umbrella!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvellous entry Barks, I do love how that silly Lobelia drove out them ugly looking bullies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb, no shrinking violet that Lobelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone would describe her as a shrinking violet...

      Delete
  12. Lovely work, Barks. Who doesn't love a hobbit with an umbrella taking on the forces of the Shadow? But still a fair fight, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An umbrella defense. Love it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete