Saturday 14 January 2023

From Curt: Single-Seat Roadster for Maximillian 1934 (22 Points)

 

Hi All!

Up next for me is an additional car for my Maximillian 1934 project. This time we have a single-seat roadster in classic British racing green. 

Similar to my previous tribekka, this model is from Eureka Miniatures. The resin was a little pitted, but it all went together without any fuss.

A quick blast of racing green with the airbrush and I was off to the races with brushing-in the highlights and other details. 

For this jalopy, I've gave it a different front end, which sports twin machine guns. I also mounted a forward firing anti-tank rifle on the right-side cowling (a handy thing to 'encourage' open-lane driving), and finally a rear-firing Maxim for the odd parting shot (burst?).  

For a bit of fun, I mocked-up a drum magazine from milliput for the Maxim simply for the looks-cool-factor.


With a bit of luck, I hope to get another two cars done, along with some motorcycles. Hopefully enough for a good-sized game.

This green road hazard should give me 20 base points, along with another 2 for the driver.


Thanks for popping in for a look!

- Curt

I'm really loving these Wacky Races style automobiles you're painting up, Curt. There have been quite a few car-wars type games over the years, but I think Maximillian definitely takes home the top prize for vehicle design.

The green base colour and the weathering are nicely done, and the decals (I'm assuming those aren't hand painted) add a few spots of visual interest to the machine. Lovely work.

29 comments:

  1. Another great Max entry, excellent work! Really, really tempting me to dig out my Max stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Yes, I hope this entices you to bring out your cars for the Challenge.

      Delete
  2. Love the weathering on this model! Nice work Mr. Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for fitting me in with your busy Saturday roster, Stuart! Yes, those are old Flames of War decals that I managed to coax off their mounting paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is superb Curt, really like the green paint job.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, I was happy with how it turned out as well. Vehicles are not in my comfort zone, so it all feels a little seat of the pants.

      Delete
  5. Lovely jalopy, Curt! :)

    Which reminds me - I really must sort out shipping to you the one I painted last year (plus the crew, Oscars and sundry other bits...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! That was a lovely jalopy and I loved the various Oscar renditions. :)

      Delete
  6. Absolutely bonkers, and great fun! Smashing green colour and I’ll bet the game will look amazing with unusual vehicles like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie. I've not played the rules yet, so I hope they give a decent game.

      Delete
  7. Really mad Max! Love it but won’t be tailgating it any time soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so wish I could get an AT rifle for my own car...great work on this Curt, and wow, the green looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dude! I thought you might approve of the ATR. ;)

      Delete
  9. That’s another great vehicle, and in the only true colour for racing cats no less! I really like the smoke marks and the weathering, and the machine gun really puts the finish toothed model. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn! These things are a hoot to work on. Hopefully I'll have another in a few weeks, we'll see.

      Delete
  10. Lovely racer,Curt! I really like the weathering on it. That is going to be an entertaining game session!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers David! I hope the rules are as fun as putting together these cars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The painting on this beautiful vehicle is awesome but the weathering really makes it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely racing green mate. She'll be hard to catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Like 'Pumped Up Kicks': 'You better run, better run faster than my bullet...'

      Delete
  14. Not only do you paint so well but your ability to take such good photos really shows the painting off - superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. If we didn't have digital photography I'd be lost as I take a zillion shots to find one I think looks decent.

      Delete
  15. Terrific stuff, Curt! For a moment, I thought this was the new car you had been perusing for terrorising the road-going population of Regina! Great painting and airbrushing. Just splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, wouldn't that be a dream. What I wouldn't give for an anti-tank rifle during rush hour...

      Delete