Saturday 14 January 2023

From RayR - Almansa 1707 - MacCartney's & Breton's Brigade's 2mm - 42 Points

 



Three posts in 1 day!!!

And its more 2mm WSS goodness (no DaveD, they're not bits of card either)


Here we have 2 Brigades of English foot, MacCartney's and Breton's
Each unit consists of  240 2mm figures


In a previous post I hand written the names of each unit on the bottom of the base. Unfortunately my handwriting is like a 5 year old's. So after a quick experiment on MSPaint, I came up with these, the brown colour is a close match to the brown on the bases and they don't catch your eye too much. Which is what I wanted.
I did add a coloured block on the left of the label, to denote the country of the unit. Red being English.


McCartney's Brigade - Gorge's, Breton's, MacCartney's & Portmore's
Breton's Brigade - Mourdant's, Foot Guards, Lord Nassau's & Bowles'


Don't look too close, 2mm are hard to see let alone paint!
All the flags come from my NYW collection and were shrunken down to fit 2mm. Now they are larger than they should be, but in my opinion need to be.

So for the points
8 bases @5 pts each = 40 pts
2 bases @1/2 pts = 1 point
For a total of 41 points!!!

Lovely work, Ray. I love how you painted the eyes on each individual model. That takes some real dedication. The printed labels do look easier to read than the previous ones. 
I've thrown in an extra point for the banners, even if they aren't scale accurate. 

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous Ray, I must say really cranking these out

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Ray. I think the labels look better and don't distract from the mini's. 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking unts, I like the labels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Ray! :)
    Those printed labels are a big improvement. I do wonder if flags might be a better option than squares of colour to identify the army?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did ponder that question, the main problem it all the countries had a white Kings colour, so it'd be just as difficult to tell them apart, as if I just left the plain label. I'm not 100% ok with the colour block myself to be honest?

      Delete
  5. Nice workRay, looking really good. Love the flags. Unit labels are a big improvement. FYI I colour code the background of the label to identify the army/force etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I didn't want to do, I wanted the label to blend in with the base and not stick out, so you noticed the label rather than the figures.

      Delete
  6. They look great again, the flags are a nice touch and the labels are much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I like the brown labels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly like this project, Ray! They look brilliant and my old eyes appreciate the labels and oversized flags! Nice work on the true 1st world War!;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Ray, not sure how you do it though - great talent no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some tiny figures, Ray. Brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete