Saturday 14 January 2023

From Millsy: Mos Millsy... a Beginning (141 Points)

G'day All,

I've not posted much so far as I've had a couple of big jobs on the go at the same time, bouncing between them to keep from getting bored. Here's the first of them...

Mos Millsy is a wretched hive of scum and villainy indeed, cut from the same cloth as Mos Eisley, right down the bottom where it drags in the filth, picks up dust bunnies, gets chewed on by womp rats, etc. 

It's composed of roughly 7 cubes worth of both 3D printed and scratch built structures and will form the core of my table for Sar Wars: Legion. I'll likely add some walls and a couple more building but this will do for now.



I could write loads on process, materials, etc. but the pictures do a much better job than I can of telling the story. You can see from the "before" pics what's built vs. printed, and some the little extras I've already completed like vaporators to dress things up. The posters are pinched from the web (naughty!) but only for personal use and super small so hopefully not too rude. Enjoy...













Really happy with how it has all turned out and as a bonus I strike a blow in the Terrain Side Duel.

Scoring: 7 x 6" cubes = 140 points.

Cheers,
Millsy


That looks like a fantastic set of terrain to play on, Millsy, well done. I like the added details like the weeds growing in odd places on the rooves and the stains running down from the windows. The posters are another nice touch that helps tie the buildings in to the setting, so I will throw in a bonus point for them. 

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful Millsy! Mos Millsy looks best avoided! Love the in process shots, what combo of cans did you use for the silo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. It's a single tall tin that contained chocolate wafer sticks. I added some cork banding and a half foam sphere to disguise it and I think it worked well. The hardest bit was getting the filler to adhere

      Delete
  2. Wonderful looking village, great details. The scratchbuilt building is a little piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this terrain. Nice work and very inventive with what you ahve used. I do like the posters scattered about, very nice touch. My Rebels and Empire are pinted in desert schemes, would work really well amongst this terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice terrain, Millsy! We won't tell on you about half-inching those posters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a great set of buildings, the posters are a nice touch (rather than a pinch, I’d say)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh buddy, I'm loving your Mos Millsy! Brilliant work - I really admire all the little details that you've packed into all the buildings and scatter terrain. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking buildings here Millsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Millsy! Painting terrain - such a drag, but it looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm drawn to the Mos Millsy... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Millay, they look great

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like a nice scratch build and these are brilliant! Really impressive stuff and the cohesiveness of the set is impressive…..most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Well Done, Millsy! Those are very cool, but the scratch build and posters really send it! I like the stripes on the buildings. Just enough pop to make them drab but still homey.

      Delete
  13. Wonderfully evocative stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mos Millsy really looks the part mate! I am a lazy bugger and 3D print buildings like these but yours look way better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Special stuff Millsy, what do you use for the domes?

    ReplyDelete