Tuesday 10 January 2023

From DaveD: 'Nam - VC on the trail (40 points)

 The 'Nam clear out continues. Having completed USMC vehicles it was time to add some for the VC. Now what better to fight the dastardly capitalists with than a bike and an RPG.

These are from Simon at Full Metal Miniatures . I have added a few RPG's to them from a weapons pack he does as well . 

 
Damn - someone call the B52’s up ! These are tough critters.



So the equivalent of 4 mounted figures = 40 points , that also count to Neverending Cold War. 

You thought I was joking about the B52 didn’t you.😂😂

 

The kit is easy .. the flight stand is the bitch! 😂😂😂😂



Nice unit of cycling VC, Dave!

Tamsin

22 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love those bicycle porters! Fabulous work Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the Swiss guy I used to work with who was a member of the bicycle mountain troops! And can’t wait to see how big that B52 is. Did you buy a spare to make the info a downed one to set up an interesting rescue scenario?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kit I picked up has bits missing , so yes the crashed version is what it will become . Cheers

      Delete
    2. That also avoids making a flight stand!

      Delete
  3. Great work on the velocipede riders - there's a couple that are pretty heavily loaded up. Looking forward to the B52!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bicycle entry, on their way to loot the B52.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice bikes but you are a mad fool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Dave, I've only just woken up to the fact that you're the Dave who produced such stunning Vietnam stuff last year-I'm looking forward even more to your posts now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, as a Dutchman practically born with (not on) a bike these obviously resonate with me. Marvellous models, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will take that as a real compliment!

      Delete
  8. Superb Dave! Looking forward to the B52

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too . Might be back end of the challenge

      Delete
  9. Great work on those cyclists. I have a lot of VCs in my Vietnam collection, but any cyclist at all. I should take a look to the Full Metal Minitures website inmediately

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bicycles- can't wait to see the B-52!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoying this project - it's inspiring me to paint something more modern - but maybe with a cinematic element (I'm hearing Valkeryies riding)

    ReplyDelete