Thursday 5 January 2023

From DaveX: We Came, We Saw, We Kicked its... [1980s] (40 points)

Sticking with Zombicide, I have decided to paint hundreds of dollars worth of miniatures. I purchased the Zombicide Ghostbusters packs direct from CMON when they came out a few years ago. They are now varying in worth but probably both box sets could fetch me a pretty penny and much more than i paid for them. But that's not me. Instead I opened them and gave them a nice tabletop ready paint job. They are great miniatures and should be easily recognisable on the table. They were a little flat in detail and some stuff was hard to pick out but I gave it a good go. I painted the four Ghostbusters from the original 1984 movie. This will also be my 1980s entry for the challenge, afterall Ghostbusters came out in 1984. I did some research first.
And then I opened up some expensive miniatures
Doctor Peter Venkman is probably my favourite and a fan favourite too!
Dr Ray Stantz
Dr Egon Spengler
Winston Zeddemore So this should be 4 x 28mm = 20 Points Bonus Studio1980s Theme = 20 points Totalling 40 Handy Points :D

From TeemuL: This is the first time in my short Minion career, where I meet the infamous non-labeled post, marked as ready. Oh, the horror! But since I'm a newbie, I took this as a challenge and did my very best to assign some labels to the post. I just hope this will not be a habit...

Then the more important things, these minis look great and fit the 1980s studio like a fist in a ghost's eye. I'm sure they are able to fight both zombies and ghosts, if needed.

16 comments:

  1. Certainly very recognizable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, they certainly look the part and will help fight the undead in all their forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Who you gonna call...?' Fabulous work on the GB crew, Dave. Now you need a 'slimed' version of a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Ghostbusters man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on these characters, Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. When are you going to get the Car?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’d be better be calling these chaps! I think I actually saw that movie in the theatre, back in the day (which was rare, barring friends’ birthday parties). Fabulous entry, and a great paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! mass hysteria! Great figures and work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! Great figures and great paint works on them to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Ghostbuster minis. A perfect fit for the 1980s studio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are superb - the minis are great and the paint job does them proud. I'm old enough to have gone to the cinema to watch the original when it came out and these bring back happy memories. Great entry - one of my faves so far!

    ReplyDelete