Sunday 15 January 2023

From GuyB - (Ready Sunday) Under Construction and barely in time! (20 points)

Time is running out for my first entry, with the 21st cut-off point approaching fast. I have been working very hard on prepping Swedish for the Great Northern War (for a biopic on King Charles XII of Sweden). So far, I have undercoated and based a great many Swedes. A few even have paint on, but they aren't ready yet...


I sprayed them grey, then added a brown wash before dry brushing them white. This gives them a nice 'grey scale' colour ready for contrast paints/speed paints/inking. The models are all Wee Wulf miniatures (formerly Musketeer).

When finished, this will be an amazing force... but time is running out... so what to do... I have to post something. Oh myyyy!

Oh wait... I've recently started playing a 5th edition D&D campaign, and the games master has suggested we may use miniatures. He also hinted that some undead may be one of our first encounters. So, I dug out something suitable for generic undead 'nasties.


So, meet the ghosts. These are the GW variety, not the ones from Button House or Woodstone Mansion for our US cousins. These have been painted with a combination of contrast paints with a greyscale undercoat (the grisaille method - not slap-chop!!!). 


These were fun to paint. I probably spent more time in prepping and greyscaling the models than I did painting them. 

Points-wise, it's 20 points for the four models, plus a slightly spurious 'under construction' bonus - I will get around to painting the Swedes soon.

Journalists and their deadlines and tiny pictures (make them larger so I don't have to), I'll get Angus to take the Mickey. So the ghosts are beautiful and I love them. However you aren't getting an under construction bonus for figures you haven't finished, Miles and Tamsin will hold me down while the Snowlord removes my dangly parts. Paint the Swedes, these film types have high standards and don't understand how small the figures are, and you can have the bonus.


15 comments:

  1. Those "ghosts" look neat - which GW models are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghosts look really good. I have the same question as Greg. I assume GW calls them "Nightblight Hexenhaunters" or something equally stupid, but they are nice models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting with baited breath for your first post Guy. I knew you wouldn't let team WSS down, even if the others did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work one ghosts. Looking forward to the Swedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking Chainrasp Hordes (I guess I got the GW name correct), Guy! Looking forward to the Great Northern War.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Guy! Contrast paints to the rescue! I love the manky yellow-green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you, Guy. The nighthaunts (?) look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cracking set of ghosts, they look suitably spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work on those ghosts, Guy! :)

    Sadly, Martin is right - "Under Construction" has to include something started before the Challenge and finished during it to get those bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid looking ghosts and the Swedes look like they'll be fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete