Sunday 15 January 2023

From PaulO'G: Get thee to La Fromagerie! (40 points)

"Hold up lads! Something about that cheese shop smells a bit off..."

This week was Reilly's Birthday and I painted this building for his Normandy collection; a small setup he can been building over the last year as part of his 101st Airborne army project. Nothing too big, just a nice crossroads setup to breakup the table with some complex terrain.


Thanks indeed to Alan who printed it for me on his FDM printer; if Mile's infamous "Spreadsheet of Doom (TM)" can do the babbage calculations it, I propose to split the 'gift for other people' bonus as due credit.  I then added wall spackle to the sides and chipped it away in places to give a worn look, and a thin oil wash to give a slightly grubby appearance.


I tried to use bright colours (it is a shop after all) to fit what I recall of the Normandy shop style. 
Matt W - I seek affirmation regardless of the facts here!

The setup is really starting to come together now. More importantly, Reilly likes it :-)

Overall this building has the volume of 1 terrain cube for 20 points, plus the Gift Store bonus.

Very nice, but don't get me started on buildings and points😂. Cheese is good, just had cheese, may have more shortly

28 comments:

  1. Great work and a fine gift. Now I’ve come on all peckish for some Camembert,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shopm Paul! It is always nice to see unselfish hobbyist, who gives away a building like that and will never be able to play with it. Right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work, Paul, your boy must be delighted with it. Sarah and I await the upcoming Boulangerie and Patisserie. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a fine building, Paul! I like the grubby finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice little shop, Paul. It looks like it fits in nicely with the existing terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those, you can come and paint my 40 odd building I have staring at me…..

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it comes with room and board, we should talk...

      Delete
  7. I was kind of hoping this was a Turnip project...

    Looks great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a superb looking table with them characterful buildings upon it! Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice mate. Fit to grace any table

    ReplyDelete
  10. A superb looking scene with a great low view shot at the end

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Worth the week it took to print the thing aftwr all the malfunctions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate - couldn't have done it without you!

      Delete