Monday 15 January 2024

From Iain W: 28mm Napoleonic limbers and some command (150 pts)

 So, scraping in through the last gasp saloon I hope to make the cut with four 3d printed Napoleonic French transport teams and three MDF limbers from warbases. In addition there are two French mounted command and two Austrian  mounted command.  I've been playing a lot of Valour and Fortitude lately and that's been influencing what I'm  painting. In the rules artillery needs limbers, so I painted a first batch up pre challenge and these are the second wave. The team without a limber gets added to a limber team to signify horse artillery.  I really liked these 3d prints I got off etsy, good detail and largely matching Perry in size, you get three two horse teams plus limber,  traces and an artillery piece with three barrel options, the wheels are a bit big and the carriage is a bit small but I hope you will see some of them crewed up in the Challenge and at £13 including postage something of a bargain especially as there are no lines. The command chaps are here as ADCs as when you have to send a command beyond a certain distance you need to send a messenger, not essential but we decided it was a nice touch, the Austrians are spare Victrix Colonels while the French are assembled from a variety of Perry/ warlord/Victrix  spares, the joys of plastic kits! Painted in my usual slap dash single colours on a black undercoat,no highlights or fancy washes here I'm afraid, fast and dirty being my favoured format!
















Apologies for my lack of posts/comments, the holidays had activities every day ( including a big family game of Valour and Fortitude, which was nice) starting a new job on the 2nd and then going to the US for work, in fact these chaps were mostly painted in a hotel room in Los Angeles, for scoring, eight mounted 28mm figures is 80 points, plus 20 for the other four horses I would like to claim 20 points for the history section (1809 ) now limbers are I think 20 points each, which seems excessive but I will have to pass that onto our mighty Monday minion to adjudicate?! These will also count towards the Napoleonic duel. I've also found I can't sign in to Google anymore on blogger so I am unable to comment on the challenge in Chrome,Firefox or Samsung which has recently happened and is infuriating to say the least !

Points 180? 150 points

All the best 

Iain 

Sylvain: Stunning work on these Napoleonic models, Iain! To me, the flavor of the Emperor is the colors and despite your self-deprecation, these miniatures sure look colorful and Napoleonicy (it that a word?). I will count your limbers as "crew served weapons" at 10 points each, instead of "vehicles" at 20 points each, which seems to make more sense, given their size. I'm sure your family had a blast playing with all your toys!

  P.S. Don't forget to include your Library Map😁.

 

12 comments:

  1. Those will look great on the tabletop. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Iain, love the blue grey on the train drivers. Limbers add a lot to any game IMHO and yours are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have you with us again Iain! These Napoleonic units look great (and it's nice to see how these 3d prints compare to the metals). Enjoy your stint in the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Iain and I’m super impressed by you painting in an LA hotel. I wonder what the border agents would think if they inspected your cases - smuggling small pots of illicit substances perhaps 😜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Iain! And well done...limbers...ugh! I could never paint those, so very well done getting them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you making the cut Iain, and with some great Napoleonics too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking models, they might be quick and dirty, but they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great entry Ian the figures look really good, I to can't comment on the blog. so I have to wait till I'm at work before I can hope on and comment which as you say is rather annoying. I've tried everything on my ipad to fix it. It is to do with excepting third party cookies I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spot on Iain, I always admire anyone who does limbers 👏

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Iain. The limbers will really spice up your table. Family pushing around miniatures sounds marvelous.

    ReplyDelete