Monday 15 January 2024

From PeterB: Fantasy and other shizznizz - 85 points

 

Its a bit of a mish mash post this one. I genuinely couldn't think of a large group of models that I had left to cover the category of fantasy (obviously I have lots of fantasy models but they cover lots of other categories I want to cover on my journey). So, its a single model covering the category and what could be more fantasy than a dragon. This one is from Archon Studios. (Slightly smaller than the last of their dragons I painted.)




Also this week I have been painting a few odds and sods. Firstly, I saw this lonely truck in the charity shop the other day and it looked so tattered and worn with wobbly wheels, I felt it would never be loved again in its current form. So, what better than to give a new lease of life in Gaslands! Yep, one for for the fleet. Some added armour and a gun toting punk were all it needed. (As well as the paint job obviously.)





Sometimes I paint a model just to test a colour scheme before using it. (Last year I painted some hormagaunts in multiple reds and washes before selecting one for a dragon, if anyone remembers that.) This vintage Eldar was a practise for yellow. I couldn't decide whether to drybrush over brown or orange. This one is orange. It looks good for this chap, but I won't be using it for the other model later. (You'll have to wait a week or so to see what that is.)




Another practise model. This is a vampire hunter from Bad Squiddo Games. I really just wanted to know what a brown wash looked like over various different browns and whites. I actually washed him with a darker brown first, took some notes, then dunked him in water to clean it off quickly. I then gave him a sepia wash and got the result I wanted for some of these colours. I shall be using them again later.



Finally this trio also from Bad Squiddo. It was only when I started painting the werewolf that I realised the "rags" were actually a dress. I am therefore submitting her as an entry for Sarah's choice, although I am taking a natural route up to the next floor anyway.




Points

6 x 28mm miniatures at 5 points = 30 points

1 x 20mm vehicle at 15 points = 15 points

location bonus = 20 points

Sarah's cart = 20 points

Total = 65 points

 

Sylvain: A lovely submission. When I looked at the dragon, the word "cute" immediately sprang to mind. Thanks to you and a spiffy paint job, a toy was saved from the trash,a good deed that will not be left unrewarded, I am sure. Your lycanthropes and other  sci-fi/fantasy figures look very crisp.

P.S. Don't forget to add the Library Map 😁. 

11 comments:

  1. Ah, bugger. I amended my map, uploaded it and didn't add it. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great variety! I enjoy trying out colours I wouldn't otherwise use very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice mix of figures and styles. Testing out new colour schemes and combinations can be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a nice Gaslands vehicle. Perhaps disturbingly, I am always wishing I could make similar modifications to my own F-150, but which could not be performed because they are "against the law"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the smorgasbord of figures such variety on display, wonderful painting as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool submission. I really like the Gaslands truck. Nice, eclectic set of models. I also like the old school Eldar Fire Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection of totally different figures. Love the decoy dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and varied entry, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plenty of variations on the post, all looking good 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful submission Peter. The color walk throughs are great and the dragon, well is just cute. Well done on all.

    ReplyDelete