Saturday 9 March 2024

From KyleC: Future Blood Takers.. SciFi (88 pts)

 Got a 'small' post for today... get it.. no? well.. ok then.. 

So a quick shift in painting due to being offered a game of the new Legion Imperialis (LI) next week.. and the new book just got released the other week, so rules for some faster unit types are now available.. 

And with a few printing commissions being asked, I fired up the farm and pushed out a 'few' units to paint up for myself. 



2 units of 6 bases worth of Sky-hunters. I printed the plasma ones thinking they might be as good as they are in the 28mm version of Horus Heresy... but seems that they do not get that option ( yet ) in LI. So my plan on how to use them is gone, and will be put to clearing paths of infantry as/where they can. 

But I suspect being quick, and having range for shooting at infantry, they will still be fun to play around with. 



Then we have 2 units of Outriders. I printed these with bolters, and guess what? They can have plasma! So that is all messed up there and now I guess I have 4 units worth of infantry clearing forces to play with. Also very quick, and fun to paint up. 

Both types of units were painted in World Eater colors to give myself something different to paint up. Their legion rule gives a dice reroll in combat.. so let's see if that is something that I will use. Not the best combo I know, but still something different to try in the games. 



And then these guys... 8 bases worth of terminators.. printed and painted up to be red butchers, even though there are no rules set out for them..  but they are to be used in combat so hopefully the threat of the Red Butchers will give them some bonuses. 

I have kept the bases similar to that of the Death Guard so that they do match a bit, and can be allies/enemies depending.. 

Also putting this for the SciFi section in the library.. 


Points wise.. 

40 8mm Infantry - 20 pts
48 8mm Cavalry - 48 pts
SciFi Section - 20 pts

Total - 88 pts

Nice to see some Legions Imperialis love happening here Kyle, I wouldn't worry too much about the weapons loadouts you modeled, these things are small enough that anything can be anything, within reason. The bikes are cool but the Red Butchers look absolutely fantastic, great work on the whole lot.

88 points for you!

Dallas

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work Kyle. The swarm of Terminators look suitably intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I had a good chuckle about the weapon non options, but a Dallas says only you’ll know at this scale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on theses little guys. Very clean crisp details for this size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Terminators mean business!

    ReplyDelete